When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show your Davis built bicycles

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The paint job on that frame, with the spears coming from the bottom bracket, reminds me of a frame that I have been trying to identify. The last suggestion that I got from Carlton is that it may be a Pattee...
I have not seen very many bikes that have spears coming from the bb.

Chris .. fat tire trader ... your Pattee (?) has remarkable architecture ..... if the tire bottoms were lined up parallel
with the foto edge .. would that top bar still appear to be slanting downward in such an aggressive manner ??

Also ... i totally love that extreme, headtube angle ..... that machine sure puts the Ram in the Ram A Lamma Ding Dong !!!

Now .. what were you saying about "spears" ??

(my memory beginning to re-focus) .. (all external sounds emanating from real world beginning to gain in volume) .. (whisper-mode now 'off') ...

Chris ... not all .. but a few of the Davis-Built bicycles have that feature .. the spears on seat-mast and downtube, just above the bottom bracket.

That Pattee (?) of yours is beautiful to behold ........

........ patric

1906mystery1.jpg

==============================================================================================
==============================================================================================

Its hard to tell in the picture. Does the Davis frame have a triple plate crown?

Chris ... fat tire trader .... it IS hard to ID that fork crown in this pic ... the fork sports the standard Davis-Built, three-plate
crown, arranged in a honey-comb design ... i may be wrong .. but i believe some folks refer to this as an "Orient"-Type ......

i am open to correction .......

Sorry .. no foto .....

........... patric

===========================================================================================
===========================================================================================

... crank and drop stand clip needed (for Davis-Built)

crash ... contact Scott McCaskey in the manner he prefers to be contacted ... Scott had some absolutely-correct
reproductions of Davis-Built Drop-Stand Clips made a while ago ... beautiful to behold .. they exhibit a high-degree
of craftsmanship .. made of hardened / tempered spring steel .. nickel plated ..... if you do not like the polished
nickel .. there are chemical oxidizers on the market to darken that nickel down ...........

.................... patric

=============================================================================================
=============================================================================================

Hi Patric,
I took the photos of the bike a long time ago. I now have a much superior 42 mega pixel camera. I'll take new photos of it when it stops raining.
Thanks,
Chris

Hi Patric,
I took the photos of the bike a long time ago. I now have a much superior 42 mega pixel camera. I'll take new photos of it when it stops raining.
Thanks,
Chris

Excellent, Chris !! Can't wait to see this JEWEL !!!

........ patric

I think the bike cleaned up very nicely!!Great Job!! its the same bike as my Arrow.

dave the wave--that's a awesome color combo liken that Alot

She cleaned up nicely!
What type of cleaning process did you use on the paint?

On this one with all the tar first wiped down with gas(didn't have kerosene on hand) then with what seemed like old varnish on it carefully used easy off oven cleaner only thing that would cut thru it fairly easy BUT taped off what was left of all the darts and fender strips or that stuff would have wiped them completely off easily as they are so thin with paint, have to be so careful using that stuff on old paint and need to test in a small area first(sometimes it will take the original paint off easy) and work slowly not leaving it on long at all 10-15 seconds or so depending then wiping it down with a wet rag then rinsing off. never sprayed it on the tape either used a little on a rag to work around that, also use a white terry cloth so you know what color is coming off see original color stop and figure something else out.

crash ... contact Scott McCaskey in the manner he prefers to be contacted ... Scott had some absolutely-correct
reproductions of Davis-Built Drop-Stand Clips made a while ago ... beautiful to behold .. they exhibit a high-degree
of craftsmanship .. made of hardened / tempered spring steel .. nickel plated ..... if you do not like the polished
nickel .. there are chemical oxidizers on the market to darken that nickel down ...........

.................... patric

Thanks again Patric will contact him

Last edited:
I notice most of our Davis bikes are missing pedals (the blocks on mine are largely petrified lumps of black friction tape). I didn't find anything in the literature documenting what pedals went on the 1919 Dayton and similar year bikes. If I wanted to swap out the pedal blocks for something more complete, any idea what might work best?

Thanks.

Back