When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show your Davis built bicycles

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The bars without the point stamped into the crossbar I swear I seen referenced as “Ideal” bars..they don’t seem to be the early teens era...seem to be a lot more prevalent in the 1920s on rangers ect....I have never seen a pair of “ideals”with two different lengths for the pulls...where as the pointed Shelby bars have two different lengths...short and long...I believe Davis sewing machine bicycles only had Shelby braced (pointed) from the factory. .Has anyone seen long pulls on the “ideal” ones?

Recently got this one.

A revisit to Shelby bars have me wondering when were these produced/end?

The ad states the crossbar was brazed to the main bar for strength so Brant’s Harley bar is only correct one per our discussion? Perhaps changes did occur to design through the years most of us are concerned with so we have more options..
most I see we consider Shelby have the eyelet for the crossbar unbrazed.

I just removed some headset and bottom bracket cups from a presumably 1913 Davis, and found that all 4 were stamped with a number. The number is 3, and 3 is the number. Anyone else ever noticed stamped cups; was it a Davis thing; does it reflect a year?

I was browsing a 1918 Harley Catalog and thought I would be reading the same words I had for years but a number started flashing. I always had in my mind all Harley motorcykes used a Troxel #2 saddle but here pops up a Troxel #1 motorbike saddle line......would have lost the house in a bet with someone. Pays to read more carefully

84229990_188659002379797_7905981343832473600_n.jpg

Back