When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show your Davis built bicycles

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
This typer has never seen the HD badge affixed
to the frame using bottlecap technology.

While having no doubts of the reality of such a
badge featuring the lack of screw-mount holes --
and mounted to the frame ..... have not, 'til this
moment, seen one mounted in that manner.

Thank you for posting, @biker !!

patric
Here is the 1918 Harley Davidson truss frame model acquired on my trip to Memory Lane this year. It features all the frame/serial number traits Glenn mentions for "bottlecap" badge Harleys.
350AB3E5-4C1E-4D3B-9B00-A91509B85619.jpg

So the numbers on the bottom of the frame crank on my Dayton Motorbike are
then serial number
What year would that make it?
I preemptively said in my post #829 that it was a Model 172 which its not. That was before I had the bike in hand. Its a Model 152 based on the numbers above from the bottom of the frame crank. It doesn't fit in your table in post #483 as I would expect the first number to be an 8 for year 1918 where the Model 152 is listed. Maybe they had leftover Model 152 frames from year 1918 going into year 1919 and maybe that's why they put a 9 at the top?

Last edited:
Great 1920 Dayton find, looks like 20" frame. 1919 and 1920 are much more common than my 1918 which I'm having trouble finding info on not to mention the 1918 forks that are missing. Your bicycle should be a mild restoration, don't do any more than you have to, "less is more".
Cliff
Looks like my bike is from 1918 also being a Model 152. Can someone post a catalog page?

Or it's a 1918 model sold in 1919, or who really cares you've got a great bicycle. But I would love to know what size frame it is.
I measure 19 1/2". I can't believe it, I am removing the top red paint using Goof Off and the original Carmine paint is underneath. DAYTON decal on the downtube is there also. Sprocket is just covered with decades of dirt which just washes off and shiney nickel underneath. Need a rear wheel though.

Last edited:
Kinda hard to tell if it is a 152, the 5 could be a 6 which would explain the 9 above or I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, which has happened before, once.
Its a 5 believe me. I just need two Vitalics now. Someone has put together a table with model numbers and year dates which probably needs to be adjusted now since my 152 has a 9 above it when the table shows an 8 above the 152.

Back