When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show your Davis built bicycles

-
Absolutely Stunning, Glenn.

We are fortunate to see what can be
done when raw talent and authentic
parts are orchestrated.

Thank you for posting.

Took the liberty of upping the horsepower
on one of your fotos ....

..... patric

2A0E3A96-7C16-4783-BE79-ED9A21CF12A5  h-d.jpg

I wanted to say, nice Faux Job when you originally posted it, but I thought that might be rude, and that I should wait until a few others have chimed in about it.
What’s the story on it?
It looks like the bike a local collector here built about 8 years ago.
He’s done another one, I’m not sure, if he still has that first one in his collection.
I lovingly call him, Master Faux.

I am of the mindset if you’re going to build a bike it should be one you could NEVER afford. I am a oil painter and these display bikes are like fine art to me. I put a lot of time and research into doing it right. Thanks for all the love!

Special thanks to all the members that helped out with the parts for the project!! The cabe is the best!!

Last edited:
Nice work!
I feel the same way about restorations.
Why restore something that can be found in original condition with relative ease?
If you are going to go to the trouble and expense, create something that is un likely to be found complete, if at all.
Paul Brody’s re creation of the 1919 Overhead Cam Excelsior is a classic example of that mind set.

Nice work!
I feel the same way about restorations.
Why restore something that can be found in original condition with relative ease?
If you are going to go to the trouble and expense, create something that is un likely to be found complete, if at all.
Paul Brody’s re creation of the 1919 Overhead Cam Excelsior is a classic example of that mind set.
Hey Marty
I raced against the first Excelsior that Brodie produced. They had some timing issues but once they got that fixed that bike was fast. Probably 10 years ago in Davenport Iowa. Flashback Fab is the website and look for "The Excelsior Project" unbelievable photos of the process. He was going to make ten machines.

Screenshot_20190523-074257.jpg

Back