When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show your Davis built bicycles

-
19-1/2" ? Did you measure with a Chinese tape measure? šŸ˜
Make sure you take photos of it after house paint is removed, would love to see the paint scheme. Assuming fender center is carmine and sides are black.

19-1/2" ? Did you measure with a Chinese tape measure? šŸ˜
Make sure you take photos of it after house paint is removed, would love to see the paint scheme. Assuming fender center is carmine and sides are black.
So far the fenders are all black with two gold strips on each side of the middle bump up. I will buy a new tape measure. Also the front wood rim is all black. Broken like a z but I will try to save it.

Sounds like a candidate for a project.
"Working on a restoration or custom build? This is the place (forum) to keep a running topic documenting your project step-by-step".

Last edited:
Notice the black fenders.

Photo credit: catfish

@chitown ~~ Your thoughts on these two Roadsters? Davis made? i was doing some digging into this mailorder outfit and came onto this ad..1913 catalog. Davis Chainrings and Lester Hub on the Packard "B". Your research mentions "Davis built racer bikes were well know in the teens and used by some top racers of the day. So they would have been known for that more than their Motobike frame designs.ā€ Few roadsters are represented in the thread so for posperity.
1645382810968.jpeg

1645382964102.jpeg

@chitown ~~ Your thoughts on these two Roadsters? Davis made? i was doing some digging into this mail order outfit and came onto this ad..1913 catalog. Davis Chainrings and Lester Hub on the Packard "B".
Anything offering a Lester would most likely be Davis built, and that chainring seals the deal in my mind. I believe that style chainring was also on some Excelsior models but not until the late teens.

Back