When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show your Davis built bicycles

-
CHRIS (chitown) ... after re-reading your most-recent post .. i have concluded that you do not believe that Davis
was making all those fork and frame variations, at a time when Davis was swimming in government contracts to
fabricate munitions to support the war effort (WWI). i find it difficult to believe, also.

LONG AGO i realized that our own reality is formed by our perceptions. For the longest time i refused to buy into
those Sailing Rocks or Moving Rocks of Death Valley. Now, i really believe that these rocks move .. thru no assis-
tance of human involvement. i also believe that Jesus is the Son of God. Don't ax me how is it that i believe in
the reality of these things ... i JUST DO.

ANYHOW, CHRIS ... i am attaching some pics that serve as information. Am not trying to force anyone to believe
in anything. If i were to engage in that behavior .. it would be an uphill struggle for me. An individual's thoughts,
beliefs and perceptions are just that ... they belong to the individual possessing them. If i have any power at all,
it is in the realm of influence, not thought control.

AM ATTACHING a bunch of fotos .. some of which the reader may believe are reflective of real, physical objects ...
others may be dismissed as hogwash.

........... patric

post script ... if any repetition occurs in the management of attachments ... the reader can be assured that i have
no control over this feature .. only influence.

800px-Death_8_bg_082303.jpg
Racetrack-Playa-Death-Valley-2.jpg
800px-Racetrack_Playa_(Pirate_Scott).jpg
Davis heavy duty truss fork.jpg
Davis standard duty truss fork.jpg
800px-Death_8_bg_082303.jpg
Racetrack-Playa-Death-Valley-2.jpg
800px-Racetrack_Playa_(Pirate_Scott).jpg
Davis heavy duty truss fork.jpg
Davis standard duty truss fork.jpg
Davis standard duty truss fork lowers.jpg
Harley14 heavy duty fork ends.jpg
Dayton chain adjuster.jpg

OKAY .. OKAY ... THIS DAVIS STUFF KEEPS presenting itself to me. Several weeks ago, a seller parted a Chief
Bicycle ... here is the fork ... Heavy-Duty variety ... has thicker truss-rod supports than the standard duty.
This writer did not win the fork.

IN ADDITION ... the fork blades and truss-rods terminate at a triangulated plate, in the lower area of the fork.
Very sano !!!

THIS FORK INTERCHANGES with all Davis standard-duty forks ... on all DAVIS rides from 1915 thru 1922 ...
except the Dayton.
$T2eC16J,!zEE9s3!(ImuBQIw-FjjM!~~60_3.jpg
$(KGrHqV,!g0F!YJMkvbsBQIw-JBejg~~60_57.jpg
$(KGrHqJ,!n4F!F)lrBb,BQIw-SRzRQ~~60_57.jpg

$(KGrHqZ,!j!F!eEMfr+vBQIw-Rq,uw~~60_3.jpg

$(KGrHqJ,!loF!TZGYireBQIw-PiV0w~~60_3.jpg

$(KGrHqJ,!joE+4435gBmBQIw-FdP9g~~60_3.jpg

$T2eC16V,!)8E9s4l7,pjBQIw-RKwEw~~60_3.jpg

$(KGrHqF,!lMF!iFJh4nmBQIw-QsmZg~~60_3.jpg

$T2eC16J,!zEE9s3!(ImuBQIw-FjjM!~~60_3.jpg

$(KGrHqV,!g0F!YJMkvbsBQIw-JBejg~~60_57.jpg

$(KGrHqJ,!n4F!F)lrBb,BQIw-SRzRQ~~60_57.jpg

Patric, What year would you place my Dayton bicycle pictured earlier in this thread? Do the forks look like standard Davis/Dayton equipment to you? I can post closer pics as well as serial # tomorrow...Thanks in advance for any info...

BUD POE ... this is for you ... see attachments ....... AND ...... Both Bottom-Bracket Illustrations Are Correct ......
either one would apply. Now, i do not know what Model Year YOUR PARTICULAR DAYTON is ... but .. you can flip
it upside-down .. scrape some paint if necessary .. and post the pic on this thread. Your Dayton will be documented
thru-out eternity.

......... patric
BUD POE dayton.jpg
BOTTOM BRACKET  002  MODEL YEAR.jpg
BOTTOM BRACKET  003  MOD. and MANUF. YEAR.jpg

CHRIS (chitown) ... after re-reading your most-recent post .. i have concluded that you do not believe that Davis
was making all those fork and frame variations, at a time when Davis was swimming in government contracts to
fabricate munitions to support the war effort (WWI). i find it difficult to believe, also.

I wouldn't go so far as me not believing... just having a difficult time believing. Especially since Davis was coming up short on the government orders for bikes. "Sorry Uncle Sam, the troops will have to do without the bikes you ordered, we are busy building bikes to be marketed to Boy Scouts and kids in general... General."...or something along those lines.

booksidrNUpAAAAYAAJpgPA1img1zoom3hlensig-1.jpg

booksidrNUpAAAAYAAJpgPA507img1zoom3hlens-1.jpg

That heavy duty fork of the 1918 Harley looks similar to the 1915-16 Ranger.

8015630828_ff8cbe0877-1.jpg
View attachment 66782

Back