When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show your Davis built bicycles

-
More stuff .......
DSCF0429.jpg
DSCF0462.jpg
Post 1923 Shelby-Built Dayton.jpg
tn davis dayton grntle trans. ring.jpg
tn davis fender.jpg
1914 DAYTON Motorcycle Badge.jpg
1914-1922 DAYTON BADGE.jpg
1917 DAYTON Track Racer BADGE  001.jpg

DSCF0429.jpg

DSCF0462.jpg

Post 1923 Shelby-Built Dayton.jpg

tn davis dayton grntle trans. ring.jpg

tn davis fender.jpg

1914 DAYTON Motorcycle Badge.jpg

1914-1922 DAYTON BADGE.jpg

1917 DAYTON Track Racer BADGE  001.jpg

Hey Patric,
No apologies needed - any disturbances in my force have nothing at all to do with you.
Thanks again for your guidance.
Dean

WELL, BOYS AND GIRLS ... with all my tweakin' the apps on this attachment 'whatzit' ... i has
corncluded that i do not know what the heck i am doin' wrongful in the attaching department
... am no longer messin' with the attachment of those Dayton Badge pics, as my wife of 43 years
just told me, "Holy Crap ... give it a rest, already ... are you still takin' yer medicine or do you
need an adjustment ??! ... I think you need more medicine !!!"

WELL ... MAYBE ............ but let us consider what The Dayton Motorbike looked like AFTER Davis
closed the door ... and Shelby bought a bunch of Davis inventory .. Oh, Yeah !!! ... we have some
very, very rare examples of Dayton Bicycles sold by Shelby, from Flat Tire and Scott McCaskey.

BOTH MEMBERS HAVE given me permission to post pics of these rides.

THIS Red And Black DAYTON MOTORBIKE WITH THE NON-TRUSS DAYTON FORK belongs to Flat Tire.

HIS RIDE IS PRESENTED HERE ... Scott's Shelby-Built Dayton will be presented in the next thread
that i type.

SO .. WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE ?? Typical Dayton Motorbike frame ... Dayton (and often Yale - only)
Fork ... this speciman without truss rods ... shallow drop-side raingutter fenders .. Shelby dropstand ..
flat Dayton chainring .. from 1912-or so, era. Say, what's with that "24" stamped on the underside
of the bottom bracket ??!

FLAT TIRE tells me he added the righteous saddle AND the killer, tiller bars. GOOD CALL !!!

NB Dayton 001.jpg
pics 002.jpg
NB Dayton 002 - Copy (2).jpg
NB Dayton 003 - Copy.jpg
NB Dayton 005.jpg
NB Dayton 004 - Copy.jpg
pics 005 - Copy.jpg
NB Dayton 007.jpg

AND NOW SOME PICS OF SCOTT McCASKEY's Post-1922 Shelby-Built Dayton Speedway Special .....

SHALLOW DROP-SIDE raingutter fenders .. early, Speedway Special badge .. D-A-Y-T-O-N chainring ..
Shelby fork with removable truss-rod sopport-plate. What about the head-tube cups ??!!

1923-Shelby-Dayton-1.jpg
1923-Shelby-Dayton-2.jpg
1923-Shelby-Dayton-4.jpg
1923-Shelby-Dayton-6.jpg
1923-Shelby-Dayton-7.jpg
1923-Shelby-Dayton-10 - Copy.jpg
1923-Shelby-Dayton-3 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Back