When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show your Davis built bicycles

-
View attachment 441904 View attachment 441905 View attachment 441906 Here's some fresh pictures of the 1918 Davis made, Harley Davidson Motorcyke.
Now outfitted with rideable rubber on its original rims.
Catalog correct, Long Hand Horn, Bridgeport frame pump,New Departure "Zoo Series" Turtle bell, Delta battery powered light kit, pre1923 Wald, jeweled glass reflector made in Sheboygan, Wisconsin.
Bulldog stitched leather grips, Troxel Motorbike saddle & tool bag, & Veeder Trip Cyclometer.
OK, I have to ask what is the ISO of the tires you put on there?

image.png
These tires are made specifically for these rims.
The fit is second to none.

Kewl, I just sent them a message asking what the ISO dimension is. They look like the older 635mm and all the G&J rims I have are 630mm.

Just a heads up your rims need to be 635mm ISO for the tires above. Easy way to check the rim is to take it to a bike shop and see what fits. 27" tires are a 630mm ISO. Like I said above most but not all of the early steel G&J clinchers are 630mm.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I tried 27" road bike tires, but even they were not ideal for this type of rim. They were too narrow, and didn't seat properly.
The bead design that these rims were made for snapped in place underneath the edge of the rim, so that once mounted, the tire encases the tube, much like a single tube or sew up tire.
They are a little unruly to mount, but once the beads are snapped in place, they are very secure.
See examples above.

Back