When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show your Mead Cycle Co. Bicycles

-
new model?

Here's my 1919-20 Mead Ranger,

vbulletin

what model is that? rang?

My Meads

I have an original paint Mead Crusader (1930 to 1933 ) which is in amazing condition (see photos).

I also have a 1922 Mead Ranger which is partially assembled in my basement until I get time to work on it. I don't have any photos of that one but it is complete except for the elusive battery can.

Over the coming winter I plan on getting two sets of Velocity P35 wheels (Velocity is now calling them Blunt 35) put together so I can go on some rides next summer.

Mike
Oak Park, IL

Attachments

• IMG_1776.jpg
    IMG_1776.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 660
  • IMG_1779.jpg
    IMG_1779.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 763
NICK-the cut ... sorry i am not responding to you via PM ... have tried that venue with others and it appears i
don't know what the heck i am doin' when it comes to PM ... SO gentle readers ... i prefer direct e-m >>>>>

[email protected]

PICKED that Mead Iroquois badge up at the Ann-Arbor meet in the mid-90's ... am not lookin' for the bicycle ...
... am predominately a badge collector .. been collecting unusual, exotic and motorcycle-named badges since '82.

Have NEVER seen another IROQUOIS. If it has been on a bicycle .. it was on the rivet for about seven minutes.
Generally, if a badge was issued in aluminum .. it has been previously issued in brass with nickel plate. The earlier,
plated badge will usually be in an earlier design. i am always on the peep ... Ready-To-Purchase plan .. ONLY UNU-
SUAL BADGES NEED APPLY.

i pay the money, and am not lookin' for a deal. I WANT THAT EXOTIC BADGE, and nothing else will do !!!

Paid $150 for that Mead Iroquois badge. If i ever would sell it .. my no-haggle price would be exactly what $$$ i have
in it. Most folks in the hobby allow me to name my own price .. as my price is usually taller than what a seller would
ask anyhoo. That's how i got some truly kick-axx badges. If i was lookin' for a good deal, i would stick with common,
daily-seen badges and pay the usual ten bucks for them all day long.

WHILE IT IS TRUE THAT my manner of purchase is hardly frugal .. i currently have ZERO BADGES that i would NOT
put under glass in my collection. Not braggin' or complainin' .. not being a snoot or a "better than thou" .. my philos-
ophy gets me the badges i want and i do not have to trip over the stuff that is seen over and over.

i remain ... totally hooked on the badges Steve McQeen would have collected .. IF he had collected badges !!!

........ patric cafaro

contact direct ....... [email protected]

NOW, LET'S GET BACK To Showin' Those Mead Bicycles !!!

Back