When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Your Primo Badges ... currently owned .. or not.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
dfa242 ... beauties they be !!! ..... am diggin' the JACK for it's elegant-lack of the usual late-Victorian
vines .. flowery edges .. and overdone texture ... that JACK gets straight to the point. Meiselbach
BADGER is one i've never seen .... and the RUGBY is a bold design with something the badge designer
could never see ... one-hundred years of incredibly-beautiful patina !!!

GOOD FORM .. dfa242 !!!!!

......... patric

post script ... Gary Mc ... will be back in the AM ... with Walthour & Hood info .... gotta go tuck about seven-
teen badges in .. for the nite ...... most of 'em expect me to tell them a story ... OSHKOSH tol' 'em i was the
Badge Whisperer ... notta chance !!!

OK, one more!

20120720_093343.jpg

20120720_093343.jpg

dfa242 ... my apologies ... was really giving the JACK what some of us badge daddies call
The Deep Peep ... really checkin' the badge out AFTER stuffing it into our foto-folder ......
giving one the ability to peep the badge in great magnification ... flip the badge to black ..
white and a decent range of grays ... tune all kinds of things IN and OUT !!!

In Short .. if that badge was a car .. by now it would need gas .. tires and rings !!!

i say my apologies because i had just praised the prize by saying that your JACK does have
an elegant-lack of the usual late-Victorian vines .. flowery edges .. and overdone texture ...
ALL OF THIS IS STILL TRUE ... but what i failed to say is >>> the boldness of the design
comes from the CONTRAST of the very-plain ground versus the raised scrollwork on the edges.

In addition .. your badge is presented in a very-vertical manner .. while the name JACK is presented
in full horizontal ...

Many designers since the mid-1300's have acknowledged that the formula for strong DESIGN can be
seen by manipulating various elements of CONTRAST and REPETITION ......

WHAT A GREAT BADGE !!!

IMG_1334.jpg

IMG_1334.jpg

I'd like to add to this tread thay badge collectors don't always peel the badge and run.As seen in this last photo they do at times acknowlage the importance of the compleat bike.They also at times uncover the history or leads into the history of bikes.This photos is mostly decals & stickers I have but also an un-used Texas Special badge.From A box uncovered at a shop by a collector.
missldecals-1.jpg

Now if Pat or Catfish or Dave would just find a bike shop with a box of un-used M&L stickers,and a lead to follow!

Miami Cycle & Mfg. Co.

Here are two more I just received today thanks to Catfish's huge Badge sale here on the CABE, 2 Miami head badges:

attachment.php

Last edited:
That's pretty much all the badges I've got, Catfish - but you're welcome in Wrentham any time.

Dean, You've been holding out on me. I guess I need to stop by more often to see what other badges you have.

Catfish

Back