When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Your Primo Badges ... currently owned .. or not.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
pelletman ... that IS the same bicycle as in your pic of a very-early Wright badge ... look ... you're
a Wheelman, right ?!! i know the owner .. initials >>> J A <<< i tried to buy that badge @ five
figures ... cash ... not for sale ... the owner is a friend of mine ... we do small, on the spot deals at
a lot of bicycle swap meets .. enjoy BS-ing one another ... i was honored when he asked if i would
like to "hang on" to that badge for a couple of hours. Great experience.

Don't believe the bicycle has anything to do with that badge. But it does the job of showcasing that
badge.

That's my story ... pelletman ... and i'm stickin' to it !!

.............. patric

ALL ... Care to message me ?? NO PM Please ... Go Direct ... >>> [email protected] <<<

bricycle ... YES ... that is my MOTOR MASTER badge ... a friend wanted all the parts i had accumulated
to build a 1919 HD Motorcyke .. he had a good badge ... gave him a figure of $2200 ... but said i really
wanted to own his spare Motor Master badge ... he wanted to think about the "badge" part of the deal.
Got a call several days later and the trade was on !!!

................. patric

ALL ... when you want to PM me ... go direct instead ....... >>> [email protected] <<<

He told me he had an offer like that. Do you think it is really Wright Bros? Obviously not right for the bike. I saw it at the Wheelmen meet this summer in OH

pelletman ... that IS the same bicycle as in your pic of a very-early Wright badge ... look ... you're
a Wheelman, right ?!! i know the owner .. initials >>> J A <<< i tried to buy that badge @ five
figures ... cash ... not for sale ... the owner is a friend of mine ... we do small, on the spot deals at
a lot of bicycle swap meets .. enjoy BS-ing one another ... i was honored when he asked if i would
like to "hang on" to that badge for a couple of hours. Great experience.

Don't believe the bicycle has anything to do with that badge. But it does the job of showcasing that
badge.

That's my story ... pelletman ... and i'm stickin' to it !!

.............. patric

ALL ... Care to message me ?? NO PM Please ... Go Direct ... >>> [email protected] <<<

Sorry, no badge pics, just some history behind one of them

Meiselbach BADGER is one i've never seen

attachment.jpg

From our friend A D Meiselbach originally with Mead Cycles and had several patents under Mead and some on his own who later moved to Shelby Ohio along with his production line patents.

patentsidqElTAAAAEBAJpgPA2img1zoom4hlens-1.jpg

This one is for dip brazing frames:

patentsidOL4AAAAEBAJpgPA3img1zoom4hlensi-1.jpg

patentsidOL4AAAAEBAJpgPA2img1zoom4hlensi-1.jpg

Frame truing:

patentsidDIpEAAAAEBAJpgPA1img1zoom4hlens-1.jpg

But he didn't get his start at Mead bicycles... He did have a bike factory at the turn of the century and eventually entered the Auto Manufacturing industry. Building Trucks in Milwaukee in 1910 under his name:

booksidGiUfAQAAMAAJpgRA7PA8img1zoom3hlen-1.jpg

Last edited:
chitown (Chris) ... AWESOME ILLUSTRATIONS !!! Can you shed any light on the relationship of
HD possibly being associated with Meiselbach .. say late 1890's ?? It is not widely known that
William Davidson worked for that company when they made bicycles.

DUDE ... i loves that frame-straightening machine !!!

Thank You, Chris !!!

................. patric

ALL ... want to message me ?? .. No PM's Please ... Go Direct >>> [email protected] <<<

chitown (Chris) Can you shed any light on the relationship of
HD possibly being associated with Meiselbach .. say late 1890's ?? It is not widely known that
William Davidson worked for that company when they made bicycles.

on Google books: http://books.google.com/books?id=l5...ed=0CCwQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=meiselbach&f=false

According to Sarah Harley, "William Harley got engineering experience while working at the Meiselbach Bicycle Factory in 1901"

Patrick, This is getting good!!!! Meiselbach worked for Mead, Harley worked for Meiselbach... Thus more evidence of a Mead/Harley Davidson connection. I now think the HD bikes were Mead frames with Davis sprockets and probably Davis drop stands also.

Chris

booksidhJQUAAAAYAAJpgPA97img1zoom3hlensi-1.jpg

meiselbach was one of the acquisitions of Coronal Popes "American Bicycle Company" which ended their bicycle side of the business.

Last edited:
Back