When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Your Rack, The Bigger The Better, Schwinn Lightweight

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

momo608

I live for the CABE
Suspended
I have always had a fascination with racks, especially large ones.

Put some thought into buying this rack. Minimal contact with painted surfaces and no hanging tires. What do you use?

This is Wisconsin, a pickup bed full of snow no worky.
rack 001.JPG

A four bike rack. This is a Rage rack with the optional two bike extension. Bought the extension to carry three bikes but as you can see holds two apart very comfortably.
rack 002.JPG

The foam on the tires is to mount narrow tires more solidly in wide tire saddles.
rack 003.JPG

Here is the only contact on a painted surface.
rack 004.JPG

Holds the bikes very solidly to the rack although the rack itself moves around quite a bit while driving. Maybe that helps deflect some of the impact of pot holes and such but it is was it is. I'm happy with it, no paint abrasions from things moving around and that was the main concern.
rack.jpg

You didn't think I was talking about this did you? Get your mind out of the gutter, there is only so much room in there.

Get a thule rack! Rock solid at over 100 MPH and no contact with bike except on tire and one rim, which I have never had a problem with even on painted rims. You can get a extension to hold 4 bikes. Had mine for a decade.

010.JPG

Need more pics. Can't make out how it holds things in place. You drive this rig over 100 mph? Must be in a hurry to hit the paths!

Need more pics. Can't make out how it holds things in place. You drive this rig over 100 mph? Must be in a hurry to hit the paths!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thule-917XT...570606?hash=item360239b62e:g:wTAAAOSw9eVXUHf~

I was born with a heavy right foot....The arms push down on the tire at one end of the bike and the strap at the other end secures around the rim. They also flip down so you can access your rear door, if you gotta SUV type-a-thingy..and are too lazy like me to take the rack or bikes off when ya get to where your headed. Ive seen em all and this one is it man.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thule-917XT...570606?hash=item360239b62e:g:wTAAAOSw9eVXUHf~

I was born with a heavy right foot....The arms push down on the tire at one end of the bike and the strap at the other end secures around the rim. They also flip down so you can access your rear door, if you gotta SUV type-a-thingy..and are too lazy like me to take the rack or bikes off when ya get to where your headed. Ive seen em all and this one is it man.

Next time you load up take some some detail pics of attaching points. Hard to know exactly what's going on there especially with the fenders but I get the idea.

KK man, I went out and did a little mock up. Secures with one bolt through hitch. It is similar to the one posted above but with flat bars, and a arm at one end instead of a strap around each wheel. It allows you to "push" the bike against the cupped holder on the arm, works fabulously. Also pics of rack in each position. Anyhow....heres my crappy pictures.

View attachment 330057

011.JPG

010.JPG

009.JPG

008.JPG

007.JPG

006.JPG

005.JPG

004.JPG

Back