When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showing off da Collection

-
Thanks Boz!
Was that Vg296 originally OD? Mine's black and I thought they only came in black or ruby red, with cream rims

Had a great chance to show off my US Military bicycle collection as part of a Veterans Day fund raiser. Got to meet some great Veterans and talk about bikes. On display, 1918 Columbia Military Model, 2 Columbia G519s, a Huffman G519, two Columbia M306s, a Columbia Vg295, a Columbia Vg296, a 1943 Columbia Compax Traveler and a 1945 Compax Traveler. View attachment 1090612View attachment 1090613View attachment 1090614View attachment 1090615View attachment 1090616View attachment 1090617View attachment 1090618View attachment 1090619

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hey Boz,

Good of you to help out at the Vet's fundraiser! By the way isn't that 1st M306 , with the repro coke bottle grips, the one that Coslett was selling back in Sept.

Regards,
Bill

Last edited:
Johan,

The VG 296 is modeled after another bike that I had restored years ago. That bike had the maroon base layer with and old OD paint coat discovered as the second coat and a blue coat of paint as the top coat of paint. Somewhere I have pictures of the original OD green paint on the bike. This matches to my 1942 VG 295 that I still have in my collection (On display in the pics) that started it's life with early war OD followed with a top coat of 1944 lusterless darker OD used post war through the Korean War.

Hey Boz,

Good of you to help out at the Vet's fundraiser! By the way isn't that 1st M306 , with the repro coke bottle grips, the one that Coslett was selling back in Sept.

Regards,
Bill

Matter of fact the first M306 is the one I bought from Coslett earlier this year. A nice older restoration. I need to fine tune some of the restoration with parts and techniques that have better research behind them.

Boz

Back