When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sierra Brown Schwinn Supersport

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Another day at cycle school and shes ready to roll. Happy to be able to call this project complete!

db6f2f21f1d90d2c29304accf704d26f.jpg
7178211af417a34e33073a47e19c68d9.jpg
3e4aef47d1813725c3a2e683fa2f6481.jpg

Beautiful as always! Wheel building really gives you an edge in these restorations. I hope to do some of that myself soon.

What spokes and nipples did you end up using? I noticed you relaced it as 3x instead of the original 4x. I'm guessing that's because of the length of the spokes you had acquired?

I ended up using some nipples I got at the LBS as the originals I aquired were a bad match. The wheels were originally 3x so I just went with that. I know there is some data to contest that but thats how they were so thats how I kept them. The hubs show no signs of ever being laced 4x.

23ceb6c5b8e81ddd5201a98a01f4d4e8.jpg

0ab57c5b6236ff55f454517a10ab8c63.jpg

Last edited:
The wheels were originally 3x so I just went with that. I know there is some data to contest that but thats how they were so thats how I kept them. The hubs show no signs of ever being laced 4x.

Interesting, the '71 and earlier Super Sports were normally laced 4x however I believe liberties were taken if the longer spokes were out of stock. Did you clean up and re-use the original spokes?

This was my logic. I did not reuse the spokes, they were severely rusted beyond saving, hence the rebuild. I found NOS Torrington spokes of the same length.

Is there a way to find original handle bar tape? I have a 71, same color and I am considering to replace the tape. It looks as if you replaced the tape on your bike. Btw, nice job!

IMG_0957.JPG

Back