When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sierra Brown Schwinn Supersport

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
That is weird that Schwinn still used the Sprint derailleurs with all the other parts marked Schwinn Approved... Seems like a lot of odd stuff in those days. My 69 is the same bike, but with the Schwinn Approved derailleurs and (new for 69) brake safety levers.

That is strange. According to the Jan. '68 Reporter the new Schwinn Approved derailleur was being used for '68, and may have made an early appearance in late '67. Now that being said I have seen *some* '68 bikes with the later style Sprint derailleurs (with stickers and plastic rimmed pulleys) like this S/S Tourer.

It may be that Schwinn continued to use up an inventory of Sprint derailleurs on certain more limited production models, especially earlier in the year. But even that doesn't account for a several-year older rear Sprint derailleur with a riveted badge and steel pulleys?

That is strange. According to the Jan. '68 Reporter the new Schwinn Approved derailleur was being used for '68, and may have made an early appearance in late '67. Now that being said I have seen *some* '68 bikes with the later style Sprint derailleurs (with stickers and plastic rimmed pulleys) like this S/S Tourer.

It may be that Schwinn continued to use up an inventory of Sprint derailleurs on certain more limited production models, especially earlier in the year. But even that doesn't account for a several-year older rear Sprint derailleur with a riveted badge and steel pulleys?

It does seems strange, and my lack of knowledge of this era SS does not help even more so, but...ive been through quite a few original bikes and its hard to say that I see any indications that the derailleurs were changed, as there are usualy some minute indications when parts are replaced. Even the cables seem to have been only crimped down on once. Ive really looked it over with a fine tooth comb and I really wanna say that they are original to the bike...but I suppose you never know...

p.s. It turns out its a Sedis chain, thw FW is a letter H code

Last edited:
Nice bike you have there. Seirra Brown looks great when it is not all faded out. That bike would look great next to my 68 S/S Tourer when I finish it. If you have any interest in selling or trading it ever let me know. Thanks, Matt

...progress...

Get everything torn down and I found the front fork to be slightly bent which I didnt notice while it was assembled. Nothing major, a little tweaking and its all back nice and straight. Some cleaning and polishing on the frame, re-installed and adjusted the fork and headset, shifters, stem, and bars. Got the replacement atoms all cleaned, greased, and adjusted. Im lovin this Sierra Brown and chrome. So shiny!:cool:

15018401578_9bbe16d008_c-1.jpg

15018191569_cb341ba49c_c-1.jpg

15181951286_87d1bd0816_c-1.jpg

15204975675_1306641abc_c-1.jpg

15018414508_dd52a2e309_c-1.jpg

15018417738_3b01f5dace_c-1.jpg

15018415417_72b0eaeddf_c-1.jpg

15018214009_92588b5b96_c-1.jpg

...to be continued...

You do phenomenal work Cody!
thumbsup1gif-1.jpg

That fork crown look the same as the one on my '68 SS/Tourer frameset. These are the only two bikes that I've seen it on.

i might have to send a bike down to you for a cleanup.great work as usual.

and it's nice to see eric over here.

Thanks Eric, coming from you, im very humbled. I ve always been a fan of your work myself.

Yea im kinda confused about the fork. It has "ELECTRA" stamped on the steerer tube. does yours say that too?...the patina shows the same age as the rest of the bike so I wanna say its original, but with the few weird things goin on with this bike, im not really sure what to think is original or not, although it all seems to be from what I can tell...

What size/color is your S/S Tourer frameset?

Brian, send some work my way anytime! I need some ballooner practice :D

Back