When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sierra Brown Schwinn Supersport

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Cody,
That is looking great!!

I have the same fork in my 69 SS and it is marked Electra also.

Your Atom pedals are coming out great! I should send a set or 2 and pay you to clean them up!

It's nice to see all the current and future SBF refugees here! <g>

From what I've seen so far the Electra forks were used from at least '67 through '69 on the Continental, Super Sport and S/S Tourer. They may have been used in '66 also as that was the year Schwinn changed the ID of the fork steerer. For '70 and later the forks were changed to the more pronounced triple spear on the crown.

Cody, you make that Sierra Brown look sooo good!

Apologies for the late reply. My wife is on vacation and absorbing much of my time.

My SS/Tourer frameset is a 22" in Sierra Brown.

P1000285_zpsfd01bc98-1.jpg

I pulled the fork and it is stamped Electra

P1000286_zps526a176f-1.jpg

Sierra Brown Schwinn Super Sport

I've recently made some progress on this project. I plan to re-spoke the original wheel set this summer as you can see in the before photos, they are rather crusty. Until that project is done I have an extra very nice wheel set off a '71 SS parts bike ill use in place to get this project rolling in the meantime. I went through the original freewheel and mounted that and the spoke protector to the newer wheels. I had some white walls on hand so those went on. I'm not sure if they will stay. I want to see what it looks like with both black and gum walls also before I decide, as I feel all three have potential to look nice with this frame color. I typically lean towards gum walls with Sierra Brown though, well see. The original B15 that came on this bike is just too nice for me to justify using it for riding when I have a few extras that are broken in and I ride on all the time, so I put it safely aside and put one of my rider B15s on it. The brake levers are like brand new and the bars wrapped up real nice.

More to come soon, nearing the home stretch...

15878832133_133400bc80_c-1.jpg

16497233271_67a85a6174_c-1.jpg

16472988366_7b011e0271_c-1.jpg

I can't believe in the past I disliked Sierra Brown. Well not anymore, especially not after seeing a bike like this. I really like the matching lever covers too, I feel those should have been standard. On the tires my opinion would be that gum walls were original and the only thing I'd want on a bike like this. I reserve white walls for customs and black walls for Varsities. Of course it's your bike and opinions are like... <g>

Your bike is coming along nicely,great job.I have always been a fan of the brown. Yours is looking great all cleaned up and shining.

That does look great! On the tires I always use whitewalls because I like the way they play off the decals and give it a little more pop. Gumwalls look fine but in my opinion don't add anything and I don't have a single bike with blackwalls as that seems to be the quickest way to make a bike look really drab. But as Scott said about opinions everybody has one!

I agree, gumwalls would look best with this.... The only bikes I have that have black walls are a 63 Varsity and my project 73 World Traveler (they will look best with Opaque Blue)...

Back