When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver King lock keys

-
Looking for a silver king key for the frame lock. Anyone have these? Thanks,Keith

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Can you even get a key or do you have to buy the complete cylinder & key ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looking for a silver king key for the frame lock. Anyone have these? Thanks,Keith

CABE search for the thread "Make a wafer lock key." I've made a few of these. Not that difficult. The blanks are available at most locksmiths. The other option is to eBay gumball machine keys. You'll find occasional lots for sale. The rest is hit or miss. There aren't too many different cuts. The key is asymmetrical, so make sure you are buying the correct type. PM me if you need more info. Mike

whats a valid part number for the key blanks? or were there different types used on silver king locks?

The Chicago lock company has a CG series of key codes. CG1, CG2, etc...
They look similar, but they aren't. Look closely at the key slot on the lock. Mine is asymmetrical.
IMG_2877.JPG

The correct key will be a match to the slot. Here is one that fits my lock and one that doesn't, notice the symmetry of the second key. There is also a key that is off center the other way. Unfortunately, different companies call the profiles by CG codes that don't jive with Chicago's. So CG1 might be the same as CG2. The point is, look for the correct profile in the CG series. These keys are all over eBay and are also at your local lock shop.
IMG_2879.JPG

IMG_2881.JPG

The Chicago lock company has a CG series of key codes. CG1, CG2, etc...
They look similar, but they aren't. Look closely at the key slot on the lock. Mine is asymmetrical.
View attachment 1006234

The correct key will be a match to the slot. Here is one that fits my lock and one that doesn't, notice the symmetry of the second key. There is also a key that is off center the other way. Unfortunately, different companies call the profiles by CG codes that don't jive with Chicago's. So CG1 might be the same as CG2. The point is, look for the correct profile in the CG series. These keys are all over eBay and are also at your local lock shop.
View attachment 1006235

View attachment 1006236
thanks for the tips. they are really helpful

Back