When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver King Monark Coupe DeVille - Year? Help please?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Monark introduced the Coupe DeVille before they were bought by Huffy (end of 1957 if memory serves) but as others have stated this is the Huffy-built version. First one I've ever seen and it's amazing that it's survived complete and in decent shape. It's probably not tremendously valuable, but you won't have to worry about everybody else having one. There probably weren't many built to start with, and the number still surviving is anyone's guess, but very few.
And when @Freqman1 says it isn't very valuable, he just means it isn't worth 4 or 5 figures, like most of his bikes are. Take it to a show and park it beside a line of Phantoms, and see which gets the most looks. The experts will be nit-picking every detail on the Phantoms, but on this one they'll just be scratching their heads.
The Coupe De Ville model was first produced for 1957, although 'balloon' styled, it was a x1.75 tired bicycle, Monark switched to all x1.75 tires in 1955.

20230201_110558.jpg

The Coupe De Ville model was first produced for 1957, although 'balloon' styled, it was a x1.75 tired bicycle, Monark switched to all x1.75 tires in 1955.

View attachment 1779238
also to note, Monark ceased production of bicycle December 31, 1957 when the bicycle production was sold to Huffman, aka Huffy, tooling was relocated to Huffy and production of Monark branded Huffy's started February 1, 1958, according to the general sales manager, R.E. Utz of Huffman Manufacturing at the time.

Hi Glassguy, here’s a picture of my dusty one, i’m too lazy to dig it out of the pile but I’ve included a photo of the headlight if you are inclined to search for one. I found the bike in the 1980s at the Hershey fall antique car show, I would hope you can get more than $300 for it, but then I have some sentimental attachment to mine, and could be deluding

View attachment 1779199 myself. Welcome to the Cabe, and welcome to collecting bicycles, it’s better than gambling. Usually.

View attachment 1779200
At least I know there are 2 of them now!!
Hi Glassguy, here’s a picture of my dusty one, i’m too lazy to dig it out of the pile but I’ve included a photo of the headlight if you are inclined to search for one. I found the bike in the 1980s at the Hershey fall antique car show, I would hope you can get more than $300 for it, but then I have some sentimental attachment to mine, and could be deluding

View attachment 1779199 myself. Welcome to the Cabe, and welcome to collecting bicycles, it’s better than gambling. Usually.View attachment 1779200
At least I know that there are 2 of them!! I appreciate the pictures sir!!

At least I know there are 2 of them now!!

At least I know that there are 2 of them!! I appreciate the pictures

View attachment 1779199 myself. Welcome to the Cabe, and welcome to collecting bicycles, it’s better than gambling. Usually.

View attachment 1779200
If you get a chance good sir, could you please take a picture of the reflector on the rear fender for me? I need to see what style it is so I can try to track one down. I would greatly appreciate it!! Thank you in advance!!

Hi glassguy, here’s a pic, it’s pretty basic

View attachment 1779964
I wonder how it attaches? If you look at the last picture of the pictures that I posted of the bike, it's the rear of the bike showing the fender having a stud mounted through the fender where the reflector goes. And so far, the reflectors I'm seeing aren't designed to attach around that stud, so am I missing something there that the reflector attaches to? Maybe I just haven't spotted the correct one yet? And as far as mine missing the headlight, no luck yet on finding a match to yours, all that I have found that 'resembles' the Delta on these bikes is a Delta for a Schwinn. So I'm guessing someone has robbed them off of the one I have...

I wonder how it attaches? If you look at the last picture of the pictures that I posted of the bike, it's the rear of the bike showing the fender having a stud mounted through the fender where the reflector goes. And so far, the reflectors I'm seeing aren't designed to attach around that stud, so am I missing something there that the reflector attaches to? Maybe I just haven't spotted the correct one yet? And as far as mine missing the headlight, no luck yet on finding a match to yours, all that I have found that 'resembles' the Delta on these bikes is a Delta for a Schwinn. So I'm guessing someone has robbed them off of the one I have...
I’m pretty sure that stud was originally part of the reflector. A replacement reflector will have the stud.

Back