When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver king seat post stuck

-
Yeah but be very careful. Aluminum melts alot faster then steel. Maybe have a welding buddy help out. I would hate to hear that the frame warped or even melted due to my advice. You could always try water first. Soak the whole thing in water for a few days and see if that does the trick

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Any type of solution?

Found this info years ago online. Kano Kroil seems to be one of the best.

Machinist's Workshop Magazine discussed solvents used for freeing frozen parts. They found in freeing a frozen part:

Product / Average load / Price for each fluid ounce
  • None / Required 516 pounds of force to free / (no cost)
  • WD-40 / 238 pounds / $0.25
  • PB Blaster / 214 pounds / $0.35
  • Liquid Wrench / 127 pounds / $0.21
  • Kano Kroil / 106 pounds / $0.75
  • Auto Transmission Fluid (ATF)-Acetone mix / 53 pounds / $0.10
    NOTE: do NOT attempt to use the ATF-Acetone mix on anything with paint or near paint. The Acetone will compromise the paint it touches. Go with Kroil or Liquid Wrench instead.

Good luck, patience and soaking worked for me. My post must not have been stuck as bad as yours, but what worked for me was to unscrew the post wedge bolt a few threads and whack it to get the wedge loosened up. Took the bolt out and every morning and every night for five days I sprayed PB blaster in the hole and around the shim, and whacked the post once and put the bolt back in and whacked it to loosen the wedge more. After 3 days the wedge fell to the bottom bracket, then for the last 2 days, sprayed the hole and around the shim and now gave a back and forth turn with a pipe wrench where the seat clamps, not too much pressure though, and 1 or 2 whacks on the post. On the 5th day the post actually creaked and moved a little bit, I worked it back and forth slowly for about a half hour, until I could spin it all the way around and then it worked it's way up until it came out. Luckily I didn't have to drill it out or do any damage to the post the shim or the frame. Best of luck! Joe

pb blaster hasn't worked. Kano either. I'm going to try vinegar tomorrow. Just wanted to update you guys

Hey, Been playing with an old Dayton frame that had a stuck stem in the fork. Soaked it for a couple of days with PB Blaster... Nothing.. Wouldn`t move a hair... Wedge had dropped down but stem wouldn`t budge. Something that worked not long ago and worked again today--
sounds STUPID -- but two times in one week --PINESOL--put it in a spray bottle... It might be a coincidence... might be a reaction between the PB and the Pinesol. Cost you two dollars--TRY IT!---God Bless---Cowboy If it works for you--- I`m gonna Patent the idea !!!
Yes, I know what you`re thinking- He`s old... This trick worked previously on a Schwinn Phantom seat post. Soaked it - nothing... added the Pinesol--- fifteen minutes. Same with the stem-- I don`t know why it works, but I`ll use it again. Good Luck--Hope it works for you...

Last edited:
Oh it finally came out! I soaked it forever in PB blaster and then pinesol . Finally I took heat to it, a lot of heat! I would heat it up then cool it with pb then heat again. After the 3rd time put a pipe wrench to it..... and bam it started to wiggle! Thanks for all the suggestions guys !
IMG_2007.JPG
IMG_2006.JPG
IMG_2008.JPG
IMG_2009.JPG

Back