When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver king?

-

Balloonoob

I live for the CABE
Saw this one in the Denver Craigslist. Is this a silver king? All the 1937 examples i can find have a bulbous head tube and silver king badge. Frame looks to be in decent shape but all the goodies have been stripped off and in all the examples I found these bikes were fully loaded. I could see it costing a fortune to put this back together but is this a good deal at 250? Only 2 pictures. https://denver.craigslist.org/bik/d/eastlake-1937-wards-hawthorne-bike/6888092901.html

00Z0Z_8yVw3qIKuyQ_600x450.jpg

00303_fRWDsNhYmxN_600x450.jpg

As long as there's no cracks or repairs, it's a good deal. The "pie crust" guard is pretty desirable and can bring a couple hundred depending on condition.
Frame or fork cracks or repairs take a big bite out of the value so look it over carefully.

The ad says Flo Cycle. Boy does he wish that. It would put a 1 in front of the price...lol

Good deal. Get it before someone else does
That's what I figured. I've seen em restored for like 3 grand so even picked apart 250 ain't bad. I've got my funds wrapped up in another project but figured i would share that this desirable bike just got posted in case other local cabers might be interested. And to learn something. Thanks all!

Back