When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Simonian farms Fresno CA??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Good ol' days of the Smithsonian meets. The Colson Tandem and a 40' straight bar autocycle are
a couple of restos he bought from me ....those were great meets! He would have the local press
come around around lunch time and do a write up... and eventually would try to hold us captive
so as not to leave before they came. I think he got pissed when people started packing up
and bailing and he threw in the towel eventually. Great swap and Dennis was a fantastic
host...(unlessUleftB4thePresscame)

Pharm Photos.

aqua auto.jpg

DSC00474.JPG

DSC00475.JPG

DSC00477.JPG

DSC00491.JPG

DSC00490.JPG

DSC00488.JPG

Over 25 years ago this meet happened and people are still raving about it. Wish I lived in the area still-i'd convince Bonnie and Dennis to throw a 25th anniversary Mid-valley Whizz-in! The two day event included a 60+ mile ride for the whizzer folks. Riders came from Los Angeles and as far away as Seattle to burn rubber on the remote King's River canyon area and the surrounding country roads. On this ride a couple of the hot rod whizzers were for the first time clocked at speeds in excess of 60mph! Joe Cude of Fresno and Fred Koehnke of Orange vied for whizzer land speed records! This was unheard of that time(early 1990's). It was followed up by a tire kickin' bar-b-que and whizzer brag fest! Bright and early the next morning kicked off one of the most fantastic swap meets held this side of the Mississippi-surely giving the west coasters something to rival the fantastic meets held in Ann Arbor or Memory Lane. Buyers and sellers came from 7 different states we were able figure out as I recall. Again hosts Bonnie and Dennis outdid themselves throwing a great bar-b-que on site with television and newspaper coverage of the two day event and a first rate bike show. The event received excellent coverage on The CABE (at that time it was a two page Xerox monthly newsletter) then by contributing CABE reporter Jerry Germeau of Washington. The coverage of this event on The CABE contributed greatly to the success of future meets there. As it was then/as it is today The CABE is the pulse of the bike hobby. On site Bonnie and Dennis (bike collectors themselves) have a year round display of their bike collection in the store. It is interesting to see the Simonian Farms bike display is still a must do stop for the Yosemite riders returning to Los Angeles.

Last edited:
Back