When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Simple pleasures

-

rickyd

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Found the only printed info on my Nonpareil balooner that I've ever seen. Ebay ad number 310866725823 Apparently sold by the Shapleigh Hardware company from St Louis MO, anyone else have printed info? rick

A brand name

used by Manton And Smith of Chicago

m s connection

Yes I understood about manton and smith connection but this ad shows the chainring and trussrods i have that are nothing like any m and s stuff I've seen so far. Kinda looking for more Nonpareil paperwork as I think my bike may be older than 1942 shown in ad. This ad is a page from a Shapleigh Hardware store. thanks for reply Rick

hey rick. these bikes are hard to figure out,nonpareil,shapleigh etc.i didnt know about manton and smith and didnt know they were related to these st louis hardware chain bikes.i had a nonpareil girls bike years ago and never really did find out who made it.i now have a shapleigh rugby wood rim 28'' that is another msystery to me.i heard davis sewing,westfield,maybe mead made it,know one seems to know.anyway,can you post a pic of yours? love to see it.take care,rob.:)

Attachments

• IMG_2188.jpg
    IMG_2188.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_2186.jpg
    IMG_2186.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_2189.jpg
    IMG_2189.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 115
nonpareil

rob, i have a few pics of the bike in this forum search nonpareil they will come up. connection to manton and smith assumed account of welds at joints. it is currently on the workstand. rick

Last edited:
Back