When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Single pan seat recovering?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
well after playing around with it, I have figured out I can use old couch leather. I stitched together the top and bottom piece. I did glue both of them on the seat pan to try and get even stitching. Once I had everything stitched together and trimmed I boiled some water and put it in a deep pan and soaked the seat in it. The leather shrunk and pulled tight but there were some areas that still needed work. I then used a heat gun which made it better to work with and I was able to shrink what I wanted rather than the whole seat. It's def nice and tight now but i think I will go about it a little different next time. I'll up load some pictures later.

I may have to start over cause I need to put the bead around the seam and it would have been better to do it before I shrunk the leather.

AECB3D1A-6102-4735-A994-601BFF4CC4A2.jpeg

6FDB22E6-89C0-426B-B5B8-2E79C7C36141.jpeg

Back