When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Single Tube Tires

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-a
~
%
z
You guys at least have a choice. I have 26" single tube tires and they don't remake those. To be able to ride my bike I have to buy $150 original tires and hope they last or buy new rims

You guys at least have a choice. I have 26" single tube tires and they don't remake those. To be able to ride my bike I have to buy $150 original tires and hope they last or buy new rims

I was faced with this problem when I had to make a 24" single tube bike rideable for a movie set. I found a bulk length of rubber tiring used for old tricycles and wired it on. This process is also used on highwheelers and old wheelchairs. Check out a bicycle shop run by someone with gray hair that has been business for a long time.

I still haven't road tested, or even glued them on, but with a little trimming Bell No-Mor Flats solid inner tubes fit crescent rims pretty well and even look like tires. Here are some pictures:
http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g72/gormanao/Polyurethane/
and the product itself can be seen at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Bell-Sports-2..._2?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1299373792&sr=8-2
The 26" ones are probably too loose a fit on 28" rims. That 20" or a 24" should fit a 26" rim. As a solid tire they are not going to ride that great, but it will get you rolling for cheap. And since these are an "inner tube" I have no idea how they would wear. When I get more shop time I'll glue some on and test them to destruction.

Back