When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sixties Iverson Spacey-Type Bike: At Least It's Not Another 24" Breeze

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
So I had a bit of money burning a hole in my pocket; not enough for anything good, mind you, just enough to do something stupid.

And here it is-- a mid-sixties Iverson. I'd become intrigued with the jet/space-age bicycles proffered by Murray, Western Flyer, etal, and thought it'd be fun to find a step-through version for my wife to ride, especially since I can't find a suitable Schwinn for her. This one had been languishing on OfferUp for about a month, and since the Sears Flightliner I REALLY wanted was just too damn far away, I decided to pull the trigger, because why not? It's only money after all...

This is my first non-Schwinn 'vintage' bike, and the first thing that stands out is the decidedly lesser all-around quality of the bicycle. The hardware isn't as robust, the chrome is thin, and steel is lighter gauge. But it's not as bad as I anticipated, and once I get it cleaned up and give it a good greasing, it should be a decent rider. It's certainly lighter and more nimble, which I think will be good for my wife. Boy, I sure hope so.

One question I had for you all, the bike came with newer Duro 2.125 tires, which seem a very tight fit; should this bike not have 1.75 skins instead?

Feel free to ridicule me in the comments.

View attachment 1698756

View attachment 1698757

View attachment 1698758

View attachment 1698759

View attachment 1698760

View attachment 1698761

View attachment 1698762
Ugh.....

Back