When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Skiptooth chain length & brand

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

hektor08

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hello all, I'm in the process of restoring a Schwinn Straightbar 26" balloon frame late 1940's..
It has a 26T skiptooth chainring, while the rear hub has 11T skiptooth cog.

What would be the best length of skiptooth chain to fit those gears on this straightbar frame?
And what are the usual brands of chains available? I have only heard of Diamond. Thanks a lot!

Nothing is avilable. A few years ago a CABEr tried to get some manufactured, and the manufacturers all shut him down when they saw a sample. NOS chains from the want ads here or Ebay are the only new ones, and they don't come up much. Used is probably a better option. 26/11 is going to require one about as long as they ever get. You will probably have to extend it and run 2 master links. My best guess is you need 58 inches, but others will know more about that than I do. Good luck.

Nothing is avilable. A few years ago a CABEr tried to get some manufactured, and the manufacturers all shut him down when they saw a sample. NOS chains from the want ads here or Ebay are the only new ones, and they don't come up much. Used is probably a better option. 26/11 is going to require one about as long as they ever get. You will probably have to extend it and run 2 master links. My best guess is you need 58 inches, but others will know more about that than I do. Good luck.
I cheked ebay for used skiptooth chains and they were listed at lengths of around 50-54 inches. So I might need to buy 2 sets of chains then. Thanks for the info bloo!

Back