When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Skiptooth Chain noise

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
So took the cog off and rounded the cog teeth a little and now its hardly making any noise, just a little but at least its not as bad as it was, i need a round file to make it better and i can leave it on my rim when i do it i think, but its much better, just gotta fine tune it a little and it shud be good.HOPEFULLY.

Here’s one that has got me scratching! Noise from the rear . Changed the rear clog ,Nos diamond chain . Chains not to tight Hmmmmm

A70C0411-8DDC-4138-B4F9-ADEF0F595E20.jpeg

FAFC7086-8B7B-451B-8941-CEB189BE0B21.jpeg

301D655F-5905-4C53-8DE2-DE8E9AB12970.jpeg

0DDD7CE8-5C4B-406E-92AE-78A92D25D617.jpeg

F42003AA-EB65-4109-8CF2-56269F6C2BFE.jpeg

Still got a little noise but not near as bad since i rounded off the teeth on my cog, now just gotta file down a little near the teeth so the chain rests nice in the cog

Cool. AND, when you ride it more, you will continue the wear-matching of the cog/chain and it may become even quieter! Good news.
(EDIT) Oh, and @Balloonoob had it diagnosed 1st regarding the ichi cog. You can also use a dremel with a sanding drum..
Kickstand.....might try some lube, looks like it needs some. Swear by this stuff below. Nuttun better.
1595021004046.png

Last edited:
Back