When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Skiptooth..Just Curious?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

MBL

Finally riding a big boys bike
Howdy all. Tim here. Just a quick question that may be obvious to everyone..What is the purpose of a skiptooth setup? Are threre any benefits to it over the regular sproket and chain? I have noticed that these are made concurrently with the regular sprockets...any thoughts?
Tim
MBL

well i've noticed that when i do a long ride and im in a rhythm I stay at a higher speed than the half pitch. So i guess its just geared higher. Thats what I think I may not be the expert on that

I can see that if the diameter of the skiptooth was typically larger with respect to the wheel's sproket. Is this the case?
Tim
MBL

skip tooth roller chain was originally a replacement chain for block chain.(so I told)Block chain is great for track racing but does not work well in real world dirty conditions--hence the roller chain was invented.

Back