When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Skirt guards revisited

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bentwoody66

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
There have been discussions on skirt guard lacing, just gonna add my 2 cents on the subject. Looking at pictures and coming to my own conclusions I have come up with the design I posted pics of in Gene's thread. I gave it a try with rings attached to the holes in the fender on my Huffman. I know not all fenders have hole as the Elgin/Columbia fenders just have tabs or ears. All I did was start at the axles with 2 seperate strings and threaded the strings thru every other ring on the fender and worked my way back down to the axle. I experimented adding amber shellac to the finished lacing to add an "aged" look. Really all that is needed is some time and much patience to lace these, it took 2 tries on the non-drive side because you get to the end an realize you missed a loop. Good luck and happy lacing.

lacing diagram.jpg

ebay pics 116.jpg

ebay pics 117.jpg

ebay pics 118.jpg

GREAT JOB Ken...

thats the way i'm doing my wife's HUFFMAN.
bring me the jig/tool,list of materials.
thanks for sharing your results.

Back