When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Skirt guards...?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

guzziworksman

Finally riding a big boys bike
An old noobie guy, here...just wondering id anyone could tell me if skirt guards are somewhat of a universal fit...and do they come up for sale often?

The ones on my 40 Elgin are custom fit to the chain guard. It's a metal one with holes in the fenders positioned to line up with tabs on the guard. I imagine that you could create some from cords that would work.

The Elgin skirt guards, I think are the most common. I've put them on a couple of Rollfasts. With a little finagling you can line them up & fit them on some different bikes. They do come up for sale now & then.

DSCN1270.JPG

There are different makes and models. I have seen some with horizontal louvres and some radial; and in different condition at vastly different prices. Sears may have continued them into their JC Higgins line. The CWC version might be the more challenging for interchangeability. Might be more economical to find an unwanted girls bike that already has them.

Last edited:
Back