When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Skull and bones punk rock 1939 schwinn dx derustation project

-

SJ_BIKER

Riding a 41 Super Deluxe
Found this in south san jose. And it came in pieces. S2 wheels are wrong....no headlight yet....blue original paint under dust house paint spray paint and punk rock skull flag im guessing....gonna clean it up in the coming weeks months....will need to touch up and or repaint some parts....kind of excited...back in 1997 the gentleman who owned this had a bike sale which featured old bike balloon projects....i was in my early 20s then and at that very moment the bug bit me...i didnt know anything about the classics....20 years later im bringing it back from the dead....the man has since passed away and ive been told this was stashed away in a box where it stayed for decades....wish me luck...ill be posting lots of pics including putting skills to the test that ive learned over the years. If you beg to differ or can offer better methods dont be shy....

20171110_085710.jpg

20171110_085610.jpg

20171110_085636.jpg

20171110_085600.jpg

Last edited:
Found this in south san jose. And it came in pieces. S2 wheels are wrong....no headlight yet....blue original paint under dust house paint spray paint and punk rock skull flag im guessing....gonna clean it up in the coming weeks months....will need to touch up and or repaint some parts....kind of excited...back in 1997 the gentleman who owned this had a bike sale which featured old bike balloon projects....i was in my early 20s then and at that very moment the bug bit me...i didnt know anything about the classics....20 years later im bringing it back from the dead....the man has since passed away and ive been told this was stashed away in a box where it stayed for decades....wish me luck...ill be posting lots of pics including putting skills to the test that ive learned over the years. If you beg to differ or can offer better methods dont be shy....

View attachment 706698

View attachment 706699

View attachment 706700

View attachment 706701
That looks like a nice start.
Good luck.

Great project. I have a set of correct rims, white w/ blue pin striping. LMK if interested. It may look better with blue and white pin striping though.

-Jake

Great project. I have a set of correct rims, white w/ blue pin striping. LMK if interested. It may look better with blue and white pin striping though.

-Jake
jacob....thanks for the offer...i scored a pair of blue ones with prewar hubs a day ago. May not match the dx blue but ive seen a dxs with mix match blue wheels and the dx blue which im guessing is egg shell blue....ill find out when it comes together.

I m going to use this post war balloon fork with og blue paint....hopefully the blue matches somewhat and no buggered hole...a bonus...but screw hole appears to have never been tapped....odd...

15135377924091723424076.jpg

1513537808947-1343046726.jpg

15135378372441219432507.jpg

Last edited:
Back