When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sky Blue Powder Match

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Robertk

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hello All!

Does anyone have a recommendation on a powder coat color that is a close match to Schwinn's Sky Blue?

Thanks!

Robert

AAA Powder coating in El Monte California did a fantastic job on my 1975 Schwinn Super Sport.

IMG_0965.JPG

Thanks Bikepeddler.

I'm actually looking for the Schwinn color called 'Sky Blue' which is more of a candy blue. Anybody have a good match?

Maybe check out a House of Kolor catalog. I think professional painters even are challenged to have a good match when they're correctly replicating the process for Sky Blue (which I'm pretty sure is candy paint). I can't imagine the results of powder being very good. This is why I'm leery of ALL repaints. It's never the same...

Maybe check out a House of Kolor catalog. I think professional painters even are challenged to have a good match when they're correctly replicating the process for Sky Blue (which I'm pretty sure is candy paint). I can't imagine the results of powder being very good. This is why I'm leery of ALL repaints. It's never the same...
Thanks - yeah agree on repaints, etc.

Hello All!

Does anyone have a recommendation on a powder coat color that is a close match to Schwinn's Sky Blue?

Thanks!

Robert

There were a few versions of the Sky Blue. What year bike? The late 70's and early 80's version is definitely not the same as the 60's Sky Blue. I think Schwinn renamed the Radiant Blue to Sky Blue in the late 70's.

There were a few versions of the Sky Blue. What year bike? The late 70's and early 80's version is definitely not the same as the 60's Sky Blue. I think Schwinn renamed the Radiant Blue to Sky Blue in the late 70's.
Thanks GT. My mistake. I am looking for the late 70's early 80's Sky Blue.

Back