When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Slathered in house paint.....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Mad Mike

Look Ma, No Hands!
I have a pre war Merc that is covered in house paint from head to toe! I'm sure I can clean the chrome items (if there's any) , But id'e like to try to find the original color if any, and possibly preserve what I can.
Are there any threads/posts on this topic? I've searched to no avail....... Thanks!

Be careful with goof off lots of ventilation. The original factory paint much harder then house paint lots of people have had great success removing it. Do yourself a favor and use the search tool in specific forum I bet the answer is already there.

Post some pics of the bike. If it bas multiple layers of housepaint on top the original i’d use kwik strip, let it sit on the paint for 5 minutes or until it starts peeling and then wipe it off with a plastic brush. It’ll go through everything if you give it the time so be careful. I normally take all chrome parts off if they are painted which they usually are, spray them with kwikstripe and let it sit for around 10 minutes and then scrub it off. Spray the parts with water and then steel wool to get the small specs of paint left and any rust off and you’re good to go.

I've had good results with acetone and 0000 steel wool. Heavy duty rubber gloves required. But as others have said, try a little spot and go easy.

Back