When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Slightly bent frame

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

How do i fix this with minimal damage to dropout tube

• How to fix it

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Heat it up or not

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

Ernest Varney

Finally riding a big boys bike
20161109_142927.jpg
I just got a frame with a slight bend in it i wanna know how i can straighten it without hurting the frame i can put pic so you all have a better idea how to help me

The tool attaches to the stay and pushes or pulls the tube into alignment. The outer "hooks" slide for positioning.
There might be more info and videos available via google.
You'll also need Park FFG-2 to straighten and align the rear fork-end (or dropout in this instance) after straightening the seat stay.

Smack it a few times with a good sized rubber hammer. That tubing bends easy. Use a block of wood between the tube and the hammer if the other tube is in the way.

I use heat only as a last resort. you'll be surprised at how easy that comes out. I like the rubber hammer idea. set it on 2x4s on either side of the bend and whack until straight.

I use the Park Frame & Fork Straightener (an arm with two hooks). It takes some experience to know how to set up the hooks to straighten the bend rather than "S" it, but once you do it right a couple times, you'll get it down. It's a useful skill and involves a tool still available and not all that expensive (at leas as far as bike tools go). The same skill can be used to straighten fork blades, handlebars, seat stays, and chain stays. The frame's main tubes are a little too big for the arm.

Back