When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sloooow 1929-30 Elgin Cardinal Resto

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Finally got back to working on the Elgin...........and I'd say I'm 95% done. Still need to clean the chain in the ultrasonic cleaner and then a couple final adjustments and need to find a couple small parts and it should be ready to roll. The grips that are on it are only temporary - I have a set of jeweled ones coming in the next couple of weeks hopefully. Trying to decide if I should have the black pins painted back around the white areas where it originally was in spots but wore / came of. If I do that I'd dirty them / patina them back up so that they would match the bike. Will add more info later but here is a before and after pic. I guess I need to get started on the matching Blue one ( minus tank but looking ) next !! :)

IMG_2621.JPG

IMG_5204.JPG

Bike looks great. It looks good without the black pins but I think I would do the black pins. Maybe, whoever does the pins have them decrease the pressure on the brush here and there. That would appear the pins are worn in places maybe. Nice work.

I got this bike in July of 2016 or so and have been working on it on and off.......currently back on it.
I didn't get to it right away but when I did I ran into issues.....pedal welded to arm and stem stuck in the head-tube.
Those 2 things threw me a stopper - I got a replacement crank / pedal set-up from here on The CABE - had to have a bike shop get the damn stem out and decided on a different set of correct style rims - rebuilt hubs - got the rims routered to take modern tubes and tires / replaced so I could keep the originals. I've pretty much just used WD40 and various grades of steel wool on it - a little naval jelly mixed into WD40 in really nasty spots and that's about it. As I've cleaned it I've uncovered it's had a little rougher life than I'd hoped but hey......that's character / patina. Should be done in the next week or 2 as long as I can stay on it.........:)

View attachment 883542

View attachment 883543

View attachment 883544

View attachment 883545

View attachment 883546

View attachment 883547

View attachment 883548

View attachment 883549

View attachment 883550
That's the kind of bikes I love! The patina looks great on them! What kind of repair stand do you use?

Back