When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Smoking and Cycling?

-
I started collecting these cycle industry, advertisement ashtrays, because they made handy little trays for small nuts and screws.

My wife accused me of taking up smoking when she started seeing them sitting about.
She couldn’t understand why anyone would buy an ashtray if they didn’t smoke.
Lol!

Last edited:
Six day racer (1932-1949 ),Cecil Yates
View attachment 1204006
I knew these kind of adds by celebrity types were used but never saw one featuring an endurance athlete. Dear old dad smoke Camels. As a kid I was intrigued by the pack art work. I studied it while eating my bowl of cereal....while dad read the paper, sipped coffee and smoked. He finally stopped smoking....when he died of lung cancer.

Covid-19 deaths US so far....106,000....
Yearly Tobacco-related deaths in the US yearly-500,000(approx.)
Yearly Alcohol-related deaths in the US yearly-500,000(approx.)
Yearly prescription drug-related deaths in the US yearly-350,000(approx.)
1,350,000 americans die from these legal products every year and no one raises an eyebrow.....

All of these make billions for rich industrialists and polititians look the other way because of the money it provides to continue the process...
A distorted picture? Just the facts ma'am...... What is everyone afraid of?

Edit: Cycling and smoking? Race like you train they say...... Marty, there are lot's of monster MTB climbs around here, c'mon out my freind!

Last edited:
Back