When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Smoothest Crustacean Ever! 1950 Schwinn Phantom Patina bike rides like new!

-
Price
Zipcode

bobcycles

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Bike sat out in the elements in mean Ol' Michigan weather for many years... retired fireman buddy Jeff
rescued her and off she went to Calif ( a couple of years ago ). I finally got around to slapping her back
together and decided to do a thorough crank, hubs, head set etc Clean out and repack. Bike is literally
the nicest riding balloon Schwinn I've cruised in ages. Just rode from Redondo to Manhattan beach
on her and oh lordy...smoooooth and incredible.
So here's your dream Patina rider.... ! Grand Tycoon WW's, fork lock, drum brake etc etc. Nice
period correct Troxel saddle with chrome chassis. I misplaced the original patina head light cover
so the one on board is a brighter red. I'm certain I'll eventually find the orig lid and replace if it matters...
If I can find a Patina Taillight, I'll include that... so far nothing crusty enough. Surprisingly the rims
"scraped" a small area and revealed good chrome under the surface rust. I also have the TOTAL El Crusto
fenders the bike was found with that I would also include if desired (heavy rust)...very crunchy so I upgraded slightly with the ones on board now. What a sweet old Schwinn. AS bolts all there, AS pedals etc etc. Note: I did no clean up on this one...
OA bath could work wonders but I like the look 'as-is' with the incredible 'ride-like-new' feature.
Legit 50' red

950.00 Prefer Local PU but if push comes to shove will ship

[email protected]
or PM here

Last edited:
Bike sat out in the elements in mean Ol' Michigan weather for many years... retired fireman buddy Jeff
rescued her and off she went to Calif ( a couple of years ago ). I finally got around to slapping her back
together and decided to do a thorough crank, hubs, head set etc Clean out and repack. Bike is literally
the nicest riding balloon Schwinn I've cruised in ages. Just rode from Redondo to Manhattan beach
on her and oh lordy...smoooooth and incredible.
So here's your dream Patina rider.... ! Grand Tycoon WW's, fork lock, drum brake etc etc. Nice
period correct Troxel saddle with chrome chassis. I misplaced the original patina head light cover
so the one on board is a brighter red. I'm certain I'll eventually find the orig lid and replace if it matters...
If I can find a Patina Taillight, I'll include that... so far nothing crusty enough. Surprisingly the rims
"scraped" a small area and revealed good chrome under the surface rust. I also have the TOTAL El Crusto
fenders the bike was found with that I would also include if desired (heavy rust)...very crunchy so I upgraded slightly with the ones on board now. What a sweet old Schwinn. AS bolts all there, AS pedals etc etc. Note: I did no clean up on this one...
OA bath could work wonders but I like the look 'as-is' with the incredible 'ride-like-new' feature.
Legit 50' red

950.00 Prefer Local PU but if push comes to shove will ship

[email protected]
or PM here

View attachment 1687139

View attachment 1687140

View attachment 1687141

View attachment 1687142

View attachment 1687143

View attachment 1687145

View attachment 1687146

View attachment 1687147

View attachment 1687148
Beautiful. Im not sure what it is, but much like your favorite old hat, the ratty ones always seem to feel the best.

Back