When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

snagged this today - prewar admiral

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
part out?

If you decide to part with the bike let me know, I'd try and step up and offer what it should be worth.

I always cringe when people part out such a nice bike that needs a few parts to be back riding. I guess it all about Money, rather than enjoying a bike.
If you do part it out. The spirit of that Dad (former owner) will be looking down on you. Saying. " Whooooo is killing my bike? Whoooo is killing my bike?" Sleep well if you can !

Part with, not out

I always cringe when people part out such a nice bike that needs a few parts to be back riding. I guess it all about Money, rather than enjoying a bike.
If you do part it out. The spirit of that Dad (former owner) will be looking down on you. Saying. " Whooooo is killing my bike? Whoooo is killing my bike?" Sleep well if you can !

The man said part with, as in "to sell" not part out. Big difference.

quote or comment?

Thanks for watching so closely.
I was making a Comment about people who Part out Bikes like this. I do part out bikes if I can not find parts to finish them or if they have a broken frame. 3 so far. Personally I think I must be saving the bike world one at a time :D.

I hope people ride bikes for fun as they were intended.

Great find. If you ride a bike like this. EVERYONE says Wow cool bike.

Rims are incorrect. ..look like flat profile Lobdell. ... I'm guessing this sprocket has been replaced at some point

I'm not so sure.
I think it's a semi standard model, totally original.
I don't think it ever had a tank or rack. Just a bitchen paint scheme and a springer. How cool is that?

yep what is left of the rims are flat profiles. modelD rear hub with an early brake lever. schwinn script front hub. pedals were wrong and mismatched. agree the crank may have been changed, the sprocket is a standard sweetheart and crank is a dogleg. given that the original owner was 13 in 1938, I'm guessing this thing was ridden hard.

cool thing is it was on the same property since new until last week. :)

no plans to part the bike. and I don't think Bob would either.

could be wishful thinking on my part on the tank. :) if it was there it was off for a LONG time. the patina is very even. there are a few suspicious marks on the back of the headtube.

I'm not so sure.
I think it's a semi standard model, totally original.
I don't think it ever had a tank or rack. Just a bitchen paint scheme and a springer. How cool is that?

Still cool... Under the impression that the flat Lobdell was used mainly in 41?... very early 38 frame?

Last edited:
Back