When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Snake bit Stingray

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

coasterbrakejunkie1969

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I have this '76 Stingray I have been experimenting with. This could just as easily go into a rat rod thread but its bones are Stingray. I like the chopper look and this bike rides real smooth. I got this seat from @Baldy Jeff awhile back and have been looking for a worthy candidate. I still need to wrap the bars. What do you guys thing all and any comments welcome. Should I go with a round head light, I thought the square played off the angles in the handlebars.

IMG_1488.jpg

IMG_1486 (1).jpg

IMG_1487.jpg

IMG_1489.jpg

IMG_1490.jpg

I'd add some simple red lock on grips, do a little bar rap in the butterfly bends like a candy cane wrap, and keep the square light. It does suit it well.

Would you consider bending those seat bars backwards like mini exhausts? Looks dangerous if they scrape or catch somethin' 🤔

Yes I planned on doing that to the sissy bar just was not sure of final height of seat. Was considering slamming it down to the fender real low. I have to take some time and mock it up before I go bending the bar. Was thinking a double colored wrap have to play around with it see what works.

Yes I planned on doing that to the sissy bar just was not sure of final height of seat. Was considering slamming it down to the fender real low. I have to take some time and mock it up before I go bending the bar. Was thinking a double colored wrap have to play around with it see what works.
Ahhh got'cha. Jus' would hate for you to to wipe out or tear it up. Looks like if it wheelies it'd dig in. I could see it bein' a raked low rider though 😎

@coasterbrakejunkie1969 All about having fun

What size fork fork did you use?

I have a bike that has been incredibly a challenge to remove the head set and fork, never in my 30 yrs have a had one this stubborn, been dealing with it for 4 months. Anyhow, I keep sacrificing one part at a time and now it's come to, I just need to cut it off. I have done everything I could think of.

So either I will get a donor fork and have the steer tube replaced or add a 24" Krate fork or a different blade fork. Haven't decided, want it to be a fun bike.

IMG_1884.jpeg

@coasterbrakejunkie1969 All about having fun

What size fork fork did you use?

I have a bike that has been incredibly a challenge to remove the head set and fork, never in my 30 yrs have a had one this stubborn, been dealing with it for 4 months. Anyhow, I keep sacrificing one part at a time and now it's come to, I just need to cut it off. I have done everything I could think of.

So either I will get a donor fork and have the steer tube replaced or add a 24" Krate fork or a different blade fork. Haven't decided, want it to be a fun bike.

View attachment 1426376
The fork is off a 26 inch Racer I think it was '62. You will be able to find a donor fork lots of red Stingrays is that a '76 as well.

The fork is off a 26 inch Racer I think it was '62. You will be able to find a donor fork lots of red Stingrays is that a '76 as well.
No, this is a 69. Same fork 69-74. Like to keep the patina the same, but if I can’t than something obscure fork wise that will add to its character and look; I like this faded out sun baked original paint.
Such a large fork on your bike, even with the 16” wheel, surprise is still has a even stance. Something to do with the lightweight 26” speedster fork that takes a 26” S5 wheel I’m sure. I like it. Thank you for your response

@fatbike what's exactly going on with your bike not wanting to come apart? What methods have you tried with the fork?

It looks like there's not much holding it together but I maxed the enlargement limit here trying to see

Usually PB Blaster frees up stuff; unless it has been over torqued or cross threaded severely 🤔

Back