When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Snake bit Stingray

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
@fatbike what's exactly going on with your bike not wanting to come apart? What methods have you tried with the fork?

It looks like there's not much holding it together but I maxed the enlargement limit here trying to see

Usually PB Blaster frees up stuff; unless it has been over torqued or cross threaded severely 🤔
First the expander bolt snapped off the neck, I did all the necessary steps to try and release the expander in fork after and before. I have soaked, heavy hammer with a longer expander bolt, would not budge, so then I cut stem because it would not budge so I could a better handle on the top head set nut, that would not budge. So cut it off. The lower head set flat part is just as stubborn, will not budge. Ive cut part of the top flat head set enough to get a wrench on it, nothing. Been working on it for 3-4 months now. Next step now is the cut off the fork just above and the top head tube frame bearing cup which will sacrifice the whole top of the fork. This is not my first rodeo, seriously this is a total bastard. Already past the point of no return, fork steer tube is damaged now. Even when fork finally comes out, I will need to cut most of the steer tube off and weld another from a donor fork if I want to keep the matching patina. At this point just want to save the frame. Head set, stem, expander bolt, all of it is frozen. And started because I wanted to grease the head set bearings and one problem after another.

used it, pb blast, liquid wrench. Probably cross threaded, maybe slightly bent and keeping anything from moving. Several issues with it. Ha!

Excuse me I know this has taken over the original post.

First the expander bolt snapped off the neck, I did all the necessary steps to try and release the expander in fork after and before. I have soaked, heavy hammer with a longer expander bolt, would not budge, so then I cut stem because it would not budge so I could a better handle on the top head set nut, that would not budge. So cut it off. The lower head set flat part is just as stubborn, will not budge. Ive cut part of the top flat head set enough to get a wrench on it, nothing. Been working on it for 3-4 months now. Next step now is the cut off the fork just above and the top head tube frame bearing cup which will sacrifice the whole top of the fork. This is not my first rodeo, seriously this is a total bastard. Already past the point of no return, fork steer tube is damaged now. Even when fork finally comes out, I will need to cut most of the steer tube off and weld another from a donor fork if I want to keep the matching patina. At this point just want to save the frame. Head set, stem, expander bolt, all of it is frozen. And started because I wanted to grease the head set bearings and one problem after another.

used it, pb blast, liquid wrench. Probably cross threaded, maybe slightly bent and keeping anything from moving. Several issues with it. Ha!

Excuse me I know this has taken over the original post.
Been in that headache after headache boat before Sooo 🤬It & Cut the Bastard❗ Cut it Good🤣 metal can be welded back 😎

Been in that headache after headache boat before Sooo 🤬It & Cut the Bastard❗ Cut it Good🤣 metal can be welded back 😎
You do what you can. But remember what this post is originally about, A COOL CUSTOM BIKE WITH A NEAT FORK.
Thank you
@coasterbrakejunkie1969

I really like your build why it trigger me to make my project interesting like yours.

I need a new fork.

Like it. About the only thing I would do is cut off the seat bracket extending lower than the rear axel and loose the front fender or lower it ion the fork. Maybe add a speedometer.

Was waiting to see final seat height but yes cut seat strut. I could get fender closer to wheel, I'll lose it first to see if I should get rid of them all together. I have a square speedo somwhere.
Just opinion but I wouldn't cut the sissy bar down. If you've seen the thread on RRB about bending forks to lower the front end; I would use those techniques to bend it once you have your seat adjustment preference. I know forks have the axles to help align it but I have some faith you can get'em even & level;)

I agree the front fender needs a little less gap but I wouldn't remove them. Small bike, full sized Coaster kid, & being dirty on a clean lil'build 😒
👍🏻bro

Back