When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Snap On warranty,

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
My parents gave my brothers and I Craftsmen tools for Xmas when we were young...we used the hell out of them! When I got into teaching Aviation, Snap-on was all we used. Since we got a 25% discount it was a no brainer for me! Eventually the company upgraded to Lista toolboxes so they gave the employees the Snap on box's...My three-tier box is filled with Snap on everything except screwdrivers! Mostly Chrome finish, but I do have aq set of Black Anodized wrenches.... good grip, I like them!

Buy good tools and treat them right and they’ll last you a lifetime.

I have huge amounts of good quality stuff and none of it has ever failed me.

None of it is Snap On though, why should I pay twice the price for the same quality as Craftsman?

mind you, its all older stuff, I wonder if the newer Craftsman stuff is as good as the stuff from 40 years ago?

no.....I would trust a older craftsman ratchet or even S&K.. It has decent weight to it and not light cheap feeling.
A fellow mechanic said something that makes sense....USA metal gets super hot to melt off impurites. With coal..other countries might not do the same in temperature. Internal gears especially are hardened.

Reactions: hm.
I had a $50 a week tool truck payment on three different trucks for close to ten years.

Yes, Snap-On are the best... and most expensive. In most cases... no questions asked.
Mac, Cornwell and Matco are in the mix also and represent the hierarchy of hob knobbing within the actual professional mechanical trade.
The difference between a Craftsman 1/2" wrench and a Snap-on is much more than guarantee deep.

Craftsman tools have been made by Asian Companies with the lowest bid since the 1960's. There have been at least a dozen different Craftsman tool suppliers over the years. All of them build to low spec with low quality alloys. Something that doesn't matter much to the home and hobby mechanic but is a serious issue for pro's.
For instance; When Craftsman brought out its "professional line" in the early 2000's, I tried a set of metric wrenches. They had the look and size/ thickness' of the pro tools so, what the hey...

After 4 days of common everyday open end wrenching with the 10mm, the jaws had spread to 10.5mm = Junk
It will take a decade of use for the Snap-on to do that and then, since you paid $27 for it up-front, you get another one for "free." Not really free at an initial cost of $27. Do you want to use your "lifetime" guarantee every couple weeks?
I still have a lot of Snappy hand tools and a couple other useful automotive specialty tools but I sold most all of it when I got out of the Biz. When I replace now, I just go to a pawn shop, but even there, I'll pick out the old pro tools like Proto and Blue Point.
Another issue with expensive tools is keeping them yours, they start to disappear. Something else worry about.

The right tool is important though, I've since bought several bicycle specialty tools yet I will never buy an expensive bike rack. Those things are outrageous for what they are.

I just looked and I still have a couple of those old Craftsman "pro" wrenches. The bigger ones less used seem to last.

Another great company to work with is PARK TOOLS for bicycles. Had 3 warantied over Christmas with no questions asked or a guilt trip.

I carry bike tools with me and most are MAC. So I can look at them quickly and know where they go. I also love pawn shops, garage sales etc.

Back