When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sneaking on to the CABE today ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
So, how many CABEr's will be sneaking away from Family today to check up on things here ? Can't miss that deal . I do understand that not all members celebrate Christmas.
What excuse if any do you use ? Thanks to smart phones it is easier.;)
Happy holidays to all ....

It's going to be a very simple and quiet day this Christmas.
Got up early because I know I don't have to go to work.
I'm checking the C.A.B.E. just because, no special reason.

I went yesterday to the community center and helped the volunteers to
feed the homeless & the poor people that can't afford a really "nice" hot
meal all the time.

Giving thanks that my "tooth extraction" last Wednesday is over with.
Also the nose bleed is not serious and I'll be able to ride my old bike
as soon as the sun comes out.

And I feel like Santa came through.
I ordered some boots & jacket which I've been searching for a long time
and found them recently.
Never thought I would get them within 3 days considering the holiday
rush and the items coming from far away.

Wishing Happy holidays to you & everyone.

Last edited:
Merry Christmas to fellow bicycle enthusiasts everywhere !
P1000714.JPG

The smart phone and the bathroom! Heh heh ...as long as the "Warden" doesn't think I'm texting Merry Christmas to a girlfriend - that would be counterproductive!

@Freqman1

Awesome Columbia! I love the bicycles with reverse schemes as well as the oddball colors! Cool Monark but I'd prefer the Elgin your looking to trade for!

Last I looked it was a ghost town on RRB with 12 members 71 guests and 18 robots, at least over here there are 40 members with 100 guests and 12 robots!;) But I love RRB too!:rolleyes:

So I forced myself to take some me time and started messing around with the '47 DX trying some parts and earlier took a few pics with loose fender stays etc. A new set of interesting old rims have musselman cb & steep angle dropcenters. Not thinking I like anything about the orig finish painted/striped wheels for this concept but haven't touched them, gonna wait. Seat is a neat old Troxell large touring style. Guard is large wing period aftermarket chrome. I sold my better stems, and need to know what to use maybe an schwinn catalog period upgraded stem? I have some wald repro I assume longhorns.

I have a pair of Firestone High Speed or US Royal Chain blackwalls to try out, leaning Firestone. I have also have a set of orig Schwinn Typhoon tires but wouldn't these fit only on a Schwinn S2 rim? I definitely want to use a sharp dropcenter not flat style rim on the bike, so does that rule out the Typhoon? One question I also have is I have a number of period flat style rims of the Lobdell type, did/do Schwinn tires ever fit these? And I've looked but not found the answer on this~ What year did Schwinn start making proprietary rims & tires?

What do you guys think? Also in terms of overall look. I have also New Departure blackout cb just cleaned up thought this would be neat option too as I have other dropcenters I can use. Does anyone have an idea the vintage of this mussleman and what were possible bikes that these would be spec for? Front hub is worn cannot see any markings. Is that enough meat to sink your jaws into my friends?

PS shout out to Catfish you've uploaded some amazing info I am thankful.

Nate

DSCN6785.JPG

DSCN6787.JPG

DSCN6788.JPG

DSCN6789.JPG

DSCN6790.JPG

DSCN6795.JPG

DSCN6803.JPG

DSCN6807.JPG

DSCN6485.JPG

DSCN6466.JPG

DSCN6386.JPG