When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SNYDER Badge Rarity ?? and serial number "W" ?? what does this mean ??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Classic Cool Rides

Wore out three sets of tires already!
In Memoriam
I am trying to "MOVE" this subject over here from a reply I posted about a "sold bike"....
(I realized after-the-fact that replying to a sold bike posted wouldn't get the answers I was hoping for....)
Sorry about the duplication here!

What a "small world" it really is ........ I JUST picked-up this exact bike above****
**** (Referencing the "SOLD" bike listed as "Pre-war SNYDER badged Rollfast bike")
at last Saturday's Swap Meet in Commerce GA !!
I was searching The CABE for ANY OTHER "Snyder" Badged bike...... and BAMM!! look what showed up in my search!!

OK ......now >>>> I hope some CABE'rs can answer this:
Why does this SEEM to be the only SNYDER Badged bike I could find in my search ??
I also "Googled" SNYDER Badge ....... and NOTHING showed up!! (Snyder-made ....yes >>> BUT SNYDER Badge .... Nothing!!)

ALSO .... this "Mystery"
In my search for a serial number >>>> ONLY the letter "W"
What does just a "W" mean ?? I can not find any numbers ..... or where a number once was!

I hope I can get some clues to the rarity ?? of the Snyder Badge & the "W" meaning..... Thank you much!! CCR Dave

SNYDER W PIC 3.jpg

SNYDER W PIC 1.jpg

SNYDER W PIC 2.jpg

I thought about this some more ..... it seems that @kirk thomas found this bike recently, up in NY ~either IN or near Little Falls, NY (the factory)

Just possibly this "W" was built for an employee at the factory whose name started with a "W" ?? I May never know....

Thx, CCR Dave

Interesting, I wonder what the bicycle looks like.
I have a Snyder balloon bike with a W-something serial number, (some Rollfast-like badges don't quite fit perfectly; Michigan City?).
Of course, we know that the six H's on the chain ring stand for Harris, N.Y., N.Y.
Perhaps the bike was a not intended for sale, as a sample model, for 'show' (or formal 'shows' - conferences) to prospective distributors and retailers. Do we know the places where Snyder built frames, and when, or how to distinguish bikes originating from one place or another.

There is a picture from the Smithsonium Institution that shows a Snyder bike and badge; Snyder donated a bike with his own badge of all things. That bike almost looks Michigan City.

Last edited:
I have one of those badges. No idea what the "W" is for.

Hey Catfish .... would you mind posting a picture of your Snyder Badge?? I'd like to see how it is supposed to appear.
Mine appears to have the "Snyder" letters filled-in with white paint ..... but it doesn't look to be original. Mine had red paint splattered all over it too.
I hope you don't mind posting a picture........ Thank you! CCR Dave

I have one of those badges. No idea what the "W" is for.

Hello Catfish..... you might have the ONLY other Snyder badge in existence. I have been asking to see one, other than mine, and I've been searching everywhere I know to try and see one that is in better shape than mine. So far ..... Nothing has surfaced.
I hope you can post a picture of the one you have here for us to see. Thank you! CCR Dave

Back