When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Snyder built twin bar

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Fresh pic
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441978075.340083.jpg

It seems the Hawthorn chain ring is correct for the Snyder and slicks but Mike's has the Monark sprocket

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441978075.340083.jpg

I think mine's a snyder. Crusty, mismatched parts, and looks like it's been badly repaired. Has a crack at the middle tube/headtube joint.

One of these days I'll get around to repairing it correctly.

This bike spent many years at the beach as a bar hopper.

Attachments

• 2014-01-05 17.07.03.jpg
    2014-01-05 17.07.03.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 406
  • 2014-01-05 17.06.53.jpg
    2014-01-05 17.06.53.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 387
I think mine's a snyder. Crusty, mismatched parts, and looks like it's been badly repaired. Has a crack at the middle tube/headtube joint.

One of these days I'll get around to repairing it correctly.

This bike spent many years at the beach as a bar hopper.

To me, that has CWC written all over it. Looks like the skeleton of a true "Zep" Nice!!!!!

20150222_092112_zps86ne6chk-1.jpg

20150222_092153_zpslcgifqhr-1.jpg

193920ss20wards20pg624a-1.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, Bairdco, yours indeed is CWC built. They did offer that frame tankless in 1939 or as a fully equipped Zep. I've got a Snyder built but it appears I have no photos to prove it..

Cool, I wasn't aware that is was available tankless or Snyder built. Any pics? I have a friend that has one sans tank. Bet he'll be happy he doesn't have to track down a tank for it.

Out of the three, monark, snyder and cwc, what's the most desirable?

If you are choosing between frames, I would say monark, but if you were choosing bikes, I would say it's a pick em between the CWC and Snyder built '39 jewel tank zep, because there are only a handful of them known.
Maybe a dual "pencil" suspension monark would be tops now that I think about it more...anybody have a picture of an original paint bike?
Chris

Last edited:
Back