When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Snyder built twin bar

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here are pics of a CWC built Twinbar to show fender bridge and bottom bracket differences.

01111_53lTvJ50NE6_1200x900.jpg
00E0E_4JlT0ddd1Gx_1200x900.jpg

Can someone please post a pic of the correct carrier rack for the Snyder Built twin bar? I can't tell from the little ad illustration that's been posted what the rack top and rear should look like. And is that rack year specific?
Thanks!

B2ABF4FB-949A-45B2-AC91-41AA1E6DCEEA.jpeg

37/38 Winter/Spring version HTB
The first edition 5 Bar/Twin-Bar model made by Monark exclusively.
Montgomery Wards had a falling out with Monark, so they ended their affiliation and contracted with HP Snyder and Cleveland Welding Company to build their Twin-Bar series bikes.
So, no Hawthorne built Snyder or CWC bikes were built during the same time period as the Monark built bikes.
It always amazed me, that since Monark probably designed the bike, that Wards was allowed to transfer the design to another manufacturer.
Unless, I’ve got that wrong, and Wards was the sole proprietor and designer, and just contracted whom ever they liked to build their designs.
I’ve also always thought that the design was clearly born out of the Duralium series bikes, ie Flocycle, which was also a Montgomery Wards offering, so it may be, that the manufacturers, didn’t design these bikes at all, and that they were conceived by the retailers and the industrial designers that they employed, and then it was just up to the manufacturers to figure out how to build the actual item.
Just a thought!

Last edited:
Back