When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So.Cal, AMCA founder, John Eagles

-

cyclingday

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Rest with the glorious sound of an Indian Four, Johnny!

Sad news on the local Antique Motorcycle scene.
Johnny Eagles was a fixture here in Southern California.
He just went waaaaay back, and had a very important hand in getting most of the enthusiasts around here, classic and antique motorcycles running like a Rolex watch.
With him, passes a weath of knowledge.
I was honored to have him rebuild my 1931 Excelsior Henderson, model KJ.
He was just such an interesting guy to work with during that project.
A ton of stories about the good ol days. Lol!

Thanks, John!
You’ll be greatly missed.

Just found this blog- Johnny was the Indian Guru around here -and could/ would build any motor you brought him and get it resurrected and make it run again like a top- I was lucky enough to get to go in the back with the 80 year old tortoises in the yard and go through the countless 101 and sport scout cases magnetos etc- much of the old Irv Seaver inventory that he bequeathed when they became BMW only etc- “ Well, what in the world?” He would chime, lighting a cigarette in between stuffing his pipe once again- This man was a jewel from the old world as well as a studied county gentleman guitarist - Having Co- started the LaMirada swap which morphed into ElCamino etc- and all of his endless other contributions to the So Cal AMCA antique MC scene can not be overstated - RIP Johnny we were all so lucky to have you

Back