When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So, I found a 1995 Montague MX-7, practically new...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

squibbler00

On Training Wheels
Hi everybody.. I bought this folding mountain bike from an estate sale over the weekend, and I brought it home to find it is almost completely untouched. The tires, which are original according to Bikepedia, still have the little spikes on them and no dirt, and everything looks almost perfect. If I had to guess, I would say someone bought/received it, and couldn't figure out how to unfold it and just left it sit in the carry-along bag it came with.

Let me preface my question by saying that I am a dealer of nostalgic what-nots, and I mostly work through eBay, and I am trying to assess the value of the bike. I am wanting to know whether there is a potential 'collector' value that should be attached to having a 20+ year old bike like this in almost pristine condition, or whether the advancements in technology actually just diminish the condition. I realize that this was an expensive bike when it was purchased and that Montague still makes folding bikes and some improvements have probably been made to the design.

I know this is a little later than this topic is supposed to cover- I hope you'll bear with me. Thanks for any help you can offer!

Back