When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So I'm thinking we need a movie about the life of a bicycle.

-

Brutuskend

I live for the CABE
So far what I have is.
A boy get's a bike for xmas or his birthday in 1934 or so when he's 11. The bike has adventures and miss adventures while he's growing up. The boy give's the bike a pet name and his great grandfather (a blacksmith from the old day's) makes him a special head badge with the name he christened the bike with. Taken with his great grandfathers atristry, the boy grows up wanting to become an artist. After high school he moves to Paris to study art. And when war brakes out he's caught up in the whole mess. Maybe he's taken by the germans and tossed into a camp. A fellow student or girlfriend or roommate join's the french resistance and uses his bike in this endeavor. More adventures and miss adventures. At the end of the war, the girl meets a US serviceman, they fall in love get married and come back to the states, bringing the bike home with them. More stuff...
Eventually the bike falls into the hands of A CABER and get's restored. Then it get's used in a period film about the war. A man with experience with WW2 France and living there as a young American during that time period, is hired as a technical advisor for the film and finds HIS bike on location, still wearing the custom badge made by his great grand father. He get's it back from the studio and hands it down to HIS 11 year old great grandson!

A working title

The Schwinn

What do you all think?
I think it's time we had a movie about a bike!!

Pardon my rambling style.

Thoughts and suggestions ARE welcome!

We all know how to get scripts into the hands of the big Hollywood producers (since there are plenty of books and movies about that). I have no idea how to get this commissioned by an indie filmmaker, but I think this would fit right in at Sundance or Cannes. In any case, it all starts with a script. I'd totally watch it.

wow.... I was just telling my wife yesterday that I wanted to write a book about my 62 Schwinn corvette that spent most of its years in Detroit. changing hands and stories along the way. Same concept just a different time period. Since I am not a writer, mine will never happen . I say go for it . Sounds like a cool story.

We just need to make sure Disney doesn’t make the prewar bike a huffy that was left outside for a year, other than that sounds cool!

the motobike.... :cool:

1564599916795.png

Back