When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SO THERE IS NO MISUNDERSTANDINGS!

-
Not everyone has the vast knowledge of bicycle history and facts as some of the cabers do. And I mean that sincerely. One of the reasons I got pulled into this hobby is because of the CABE and it's members. Having said that, I think the "still learning" faction of the hobby really benefits when they have somewhere to go to get pricing. Knowing the value of something is no more or no less then just more personal knowledge to enjoy the hobby with. So...great idea to have a new forum for pricing. Will keep it in it's place and available and not clutter other forums.

Iver Johnson stem
IMG_1852.jpg

IMG_1853.jpg
value?

Love it...hopefully it won't turn into a place new members come to get a value on their 1996 "Vintage" bike they got out of the neighbors trash that their friend said is worth mad money... I recall a recent new member who came on asking for information and value...then argued with some of our more notable members about year and just about everything else.

BART

Seems like this would be a catch all and not very organized. The what is it part seems to work fine as long as it is posted in the right category. The “what’s it worth” could just be used as an end around to sell stuff people don’t want to put a price on. V/r Shawn

I believe Shawn is right this Thread needs to be better organized. This could be a helpful tool for all Cabe members .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Seems like this would be a catch all and not very organized. The what is it part seems to work fine as long as it is posted in the right category. The “what’s it worth” could just be used as an end around to sell stuff people don’t want to put a price on. V/r Shawn

I see your point of view which has merit.
I interpret the intent or purpose for this thread started by Kickstand3 for members who do not have the experience,
or knowledge to be organized in posting in the right category but nevertheless are seeking to find answers to their bikes
or parts from the experts and hopefully they can learn and benefit from it.

That this is an open forum will also bring many aspects that would be considered negative.

For that we have the option to ignore if we so choose.

Last edited:
For the people who post a "What is it?" in the wrong category all you have to do is hit the "Report" button at the bottom left and let the mod know that the "What is it?" they posted in the "Forum Issue" section should be moved to the proper section e.g. "Balloon Tire Bikes". I do this regularly and it gets things in the right place so people can respond. The "What's it worth?" part is something of a double edged sword. I normally try to help a fellow collector when I can. What I don't like doing is helping the "one hit wonders/pickers" who think the CABE is some sort of free appraisal service or people who consistently post "what's this worth" because they are too lazy to do some searching. Jus my 2c. V/r Shawn

Iv seen those stems all over the map , not sure if that one is spastic to IJ if so probably worth more
I’m thinking 40 Shipped not sure though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ve also seen these seatposts before. Althougth not many with “IVER JOHNSON” stamping.

Back