When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

so this is my whizzer project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Sorry to say that I'm pretty much 100 percent sure that a Whizzer motor won't fit in that frame. The problem is the straight down tube. You'd have to remove the lower top tube. You might be able to get one of those 50-80cc Chinese motors to fit though.

absolutely serious, im afraid to say.
Here are a few pics that I just took with a Whizzer motor set against my '36
Airflo.
IMG_0177.gif

IMG_0178.gif

And the minimum clearances in the Whizzer motor kit manual. Its a bit blurry.
IMG_0179.gif

The clearances in the picture above are 14 1/4 for the top dimension, and from reading from left to right are 15 1/2, 13 1/4, 12 1/2. The length of 13 1/4 for the top rear to the lower bend in the bottom tube really should be more like 15", since I thought my prewar Roadmaster should have had plenty of room, since it is the frame shown in the '40s manual! Nope, the carb in the newer Whizzer hit the top tube. I had to use a '40s H motor carb, that sits quite a bit lower on the manifold.(after much filing on the manifold since it isnt a direct match).:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Even a Schwinn straightbar is close although I have seen many. A DX would be a more comfortable choice.

since the bike isn't exactly intended to be strictly original, why don't you pick up a CWC frame from the same period as the current one. I'm sure you could sell the one you have and probably come out ahead. you already have someone interested in the tank.
I have a Hiwatha frame if it would work, but I think a CWC frame has more room.
vbulletin

Scott:cool:

can some post up a good quality scan of a the measurements where the motor would fit?
I just gave you the measurements that you need for it to fit it. Just compare the minimums that I gave with whatever frame you're interested in using and that's you're answer.

Back